PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
andreavda (Offline)

Cool Best sim card for free incoming calls - 10-05-2013, 22:30

I need an international sim card with free incoming calls, I don't care about the call rates because I seldom call.

I was thinking of the Air Baltic card, it's a great card, it expires after 2 years which is awesome, cheap rates, free incoming calls, only 10 € P&P included, yet the number I get is a +372 from Estonia and call rates from my home country to Estonia are expensive, even with VOIP (I'm using freevoipdeal.com which is 0.08 € per minute to mobile numbers)

Instead, freevoipdeal calls to UK mobiles are only 0.01 € per minute.

Is there an international sim card with at least 1 year expiration if not used and a UK number (or at least a central europe number or a US number) and free incoming calls for no more than 15 € ?

Old
  (#2)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-05-2013, 23:30

The problem with UK numbers and roaming SIMs is that the rates don't hold. Half the SIMs use Jersey or Isle of Mann numbers which while coded as +44-79x numbers are surcharged. When VOIP providers figure out the actual termination costs to these numbers, they often quickly (and without much notice) raise the rates, or block connections to the numbers with no notice. There are also issues with retroactive or unannounced charges.

Even with UK mobile numbers, we are seeing problems. Lycamobile is in a fight with TMobile/Orange/EE because they have arbitrarily excluded them from the UK mobile rates because of the termination costs. I run my own Asterisks box and used to terminate this way to save money. I decided that it was too much work and I often got ripped off by carriers who would not honor their deals. I then had to reroute those trunks to burn up the money that I had left. When it was all said and done, I wasn't paying 2 or 3 cents a minute to make the call if I took a hard look at my numbers.

Piranha is 8 US cents a minute for inbounds in most EU countries with a US number in the area code of your choice (not rural Iowa which is the US's Estonia/Lichtenstein/Isle of Mann when it comes to termination rates). The rate is stable and everything works. I just decided to terminate that way.

If you want to play the game, look at Toggle Mobile. They have a true UK number with free termination in a number of countries. They are owned by Lycamobile and presumably use the same numbering range. If you want to be crafty about it, get yourself a Three UK SIM prepaid SIM and port the number to Lyca/Toggle. It won't be easily detectable by non-UK carriers.

Old
  (#3)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-05-2013, 01:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreavda View Post
I need an international sim card with free incoming calls, I don't care about the call rates because I seldom call.

I was thinking of the Air Baltic card, it's a great card, it expires after 2 years which is awesome, cheap rates, free incoming calls, only 10 € P&P included, yet the number I get is a +372 from Estonia and call rates from my home country to Estonia are expensive, even with VOIP (I'm using freevoipdeal.com which is 0.08 € per minute to mobile numbers)

Instead, freevoipdeal calls to UK mobiles are only 0.01 € per minute.

Is there an international sim card with at least 1 year expiration if not used and a UK number (or at least a central europe number or a US number) and free incoming calls for no more than 15 € ?
The reason they can offer "free" incoming is because they collect their $, Euros, pounds, on the back end. They simply charge the caller via the high rates they have to pay to dial your premium +372 number. How else would you expect them to make money?

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#4)
rajubhattacharya (Offline)

Default 28-06-2013, 07:15

You should search for the best International SIM card service provider. Many companies provide the free incoming service for an International SIM. But their service may interrupt your calls because of bad network and some errors like this. I use the International SIM card from [spam removed] and it provides better service than other companies. So this is my advice for you. Thanks.

Last edited by andy; 28-06-2013 at 12:04..

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-06-2013, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajubhattacharya View Post
You should search for the best International SIM card service provider. Many companies provide the free incoming service for an International SIM. But their service may interrupt your calls because of bad network and some errors like this. I use the International SIM card from [spam removed] and it provides better service than other companies. So this is my advice for you. Thanks.
It says it has a UK number. Clearly it is a reseller of an already known operation. From info there, it's not difficult to work out which, and the discussion above does apply.

We don't indulge a provider slagging off rivals, whether random smears like this or more specifically. Goodbye.

Last edited by andy; 06-07-2013 at 10:18..

Old
  (#6)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-06-2013, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
The reason they can offer "free" incoming is because they collect their $, Euros, pounds, on the back end. They simply charge the caller via the high rates they have to pay to dial your premium +372 number. How else would you expect them to make money?
This would presumably apply to all international cards that offer free roaming, unless the MNOs/MVNOs were willing give away free roaming as a loss leader. which would be a major surprise.

Tags
calls, cheap, free, incoming, kingdom