PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
jakeconmag (Offline)

Default Data activation on Yoigo - 07-07-2010, 13:43

My daughter is studying abroad in Madrid, bought a Yoigo sim but cannot figure out how to activate the data. The website is in Spanish and she is not a fluent enough reader to be able read it. Any help would be appreciated.

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-07-2010, 14:17

The data does not need to be activated. The default daily tariff comes with it by default. You just need to make sure you have the correct Access Point Name (APN) configured in your device. (Which I seem to recall is just INTERNET). In any case, if you are trying to do it on a phone, then you will get the configurations automatically sent to you. Are you trying to use it in a USB device? Where did she buy the SIM? I presume the place where she bought it properly registered the SIM in her name against her Passport Number or NIE number?

Old
  (#3)
jakeconmag (Offline)

Default 07-07-2010, 14:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
The data does not need to be activated. The default daily tariff comes with it by default. You just need to make sure you have the correct Access Point Name (APN) configured in your device. (Which I seem to recall is just INTERNET). In any case, if you are trying to do it on a phone, then you will get the configurations automatically sent to you. Are you trying to use it in a USB device? Where did she buy the SIM? I presume the place where she bought it properly registered the SIM in her name against her Passport Number or NIE number?
She purchased the sim at the PhoneHouse. I am not sure if she has the APN configured in her unlocked iphone 2g. She can call but she can't get on the internet on her phone. I am not sure how to configure the APN and I will ask her if they sent the configurations to her. I will cut and paste your reply and email it to her to see if she can figure it out. Thank you for your response and any additional information is appreciated.
Maureen

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-07-2010, 16:04

She just needs to go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> APN and enter "internet" there.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
jakeconmag (Offline)

Default 08-07-2010, 14:32

Thank you for your help. She needs a username and password which she must have to get from Yoigo. She says that they have sent her messages but they are in Spanish and she can't read them so I am sure they have sent her the username and password already.
Thanks again.

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-07-2010, 14:46

Just leave the username and password field empty.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#7)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 08-07-2010, 15:11

The messages that she received from Yoigo also contain code that will automatically configure all the right settings on her phone. She usually just has to save them and that is all. It is not so important if she does not understand the contents of the SMS messages. Everyday, Yoigo automatically sends out thousands of these messages as soon as it recognises that one of its SIMs has been put into a previously unconfigured phone. If she needs to manually do it, it could mean she has deleted one of these messages by accident. In any case, the most important thing is the setting for APN. The username and password are not important and can be left blank.

If she is struggling with interpreting Spanish SMS's, then tell her about online translation service like translate.google.com. If she is still struggling to get her phone working, I suggest she takes her phone and SIM into a branch of The Phone House or Yoigo. They should be able to help her.

Old
  (#8)
jakeconmag (Offline)

Default 09-07-2010, 14:37

Thank you all for your help. She got it working!