PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Exclamation Great new prepaid offer from 3 Austria - 03-10-2009, 18:32

Three Austria just recently launched a new prepaid offer calles "3 Extreme" announcing free on net calls for ever. The card will not expire and there is a minimum recharge of 10 Euros to keep the SIM alive, although the ad says "free for live, no expiry". It is not clear yet, if there is realy need for a yearly recharge.

• On net calls to 3 Austria: 0.00 €
  • all other austrian Networks: 0.09 €
  • first 1000 SMS at 0.03 €, from 1001 0.09 € per SMS
  • 0.15 € per MB data, billing in 51.2 kb increments
  • free mobile portal including 2 TV channels free of charge
  • full roam like home coverage in UK, Sweden, Italy, Ireland, Denmark, Australia and Hong Kong (means no incoming charge and above prices to Austria)
  • Power options bookable: 100 mb for 3.0 € per month, Internatonal saver for 4.0 € per month
prices for international phone calls with the international saver: http://www.drei.at/portal/media/cont...nal_privat.pdf
available add on packages: www.drei.at - Tarife - 3Reload Powerpakete
you may use google translator to translate the above websites.

In my opinion, this makes a perfect SIM when you frequently travel to Italy, Ireland, UK, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Australia and Hong Kong. All prices will be charaged at above rates! Far better than every International SIM card. Recharge through Internet (austrian website) by credit card possible!

NO ROAMING AVAILABLE OUTSIDE THE THE MENTIONED ROAM LIKE HOME COUNTRIES!

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#2)
Nokia1610 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 04-10-2009, 21:46

this sounds very interesting: I can buy a few usim from 3Austria and use them with my parents/friends in Italy on 3Italy net.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to recharge them using 3Italy recharges, but charging through the website is a good chance.
Thank you very much for the news!

Old
  (#3)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-10-2009, 07:20

The link to the austrian recharge website is: http://www.onlineaufladen.at

Have a nice journey!

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-10-2009, 11:26

I find this interesting as there are differences between the various 3 networks - 3 UK has abolished Like Home

I'm assuming that part of 3 UK's reasoning would have been wholesale data costs to them of people using Like Home. Are the data packages with 3 Austria usable while roaming?

Old
  (#5)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-10-2009, 15:13

Dear andy,

I am aware of the situation of UK roam like home. Fortunately in Austria this is still part of the three policy and does cover data as well! It is written on the website and the broschures. Only in Australia, Datacards will not work (Broadband). I personally use a three contract and never had problems using the data on three uk. 15 eurocents is very less for roaming data, and if you go for the 100 mb option per month, it is even lower - 3 cents per MB. I have heard about problems when streaming TV over planet 3, I think this won't work when abroad - it will be too demanding in data...

BK

Old
  (#6)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 07-10-2009, 19:13

3 SIM card from HK works fine in Austria on 3 AT network. I pay the same as in HK itself.

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-10-2009, 08:21

So if someone buys 2 simcard by 3 AT and uses them in Italy, roaming on 3 ITA network, all calls between the 2 simcards would be free?

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#8)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-10-2009, 12:07

@effendi

Yes, that is absolutely correct. You buy 2 Simcards of 3 Austria and can call each other in Italy for free (something I haven't thought about yet). It doesn't even make a difference if one SIM card is roaming on 3 UK and the other one stays in 3 ITA.

The question is, if they will lock your cards after some time in accordance to any fair use policy (I haven't read yet about that, but it would make sense to me)

It will even become better. 3 AT will launch the new INQ mini 3G, a social platform mobile phone including Twitter, Facebook, Skype and some more in November as a prepaid offer for Euro 99,-. I know, Skype did work for free on the Skypephone with 3 Like Home...

Find below the "google-translated" text OFF the 3 AT website regarding 3 Like Home:

Have you had enough of expensive roaming charges abroad? Then we have good news for you: From now on the favorable 3Tariff also apply in many other countries. For all 3Kunden without charge and without signup.

If Italy, Great Britain, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Hong Kong are one of our destinations, we now have great news for you: From now on the 3 network in these countries are in the favorable 3Tarife *, and save yourself any roaming costs!

With 3 Like Home you can benefit in all 3countrys by the same conditions as at home as long as you use the 3 network in the country you are visiting!!

Suppose you are in Rome and want to call your family in Austria. Then you are charged with 3 Like Home, the same as if you were in Austria. Or imagine you are in London and will be called. Then you don't pay a cent - the usual passivcharges usually are dropped.

If you use your 3Data Treaty or your 3DataCard in Sydney, each MB with no premium deducted from your services included in the packet data volume. Just like in Austria.

More on MoreForYou and 3Data find them on our tariff sheet.

The billing for the 3 Like Home can be normal as in the conventional roaming in a subsequent accounting period, thus it may happen that under the 3 Like Home service is not used in the current month on your cost control directly in the phone or the Internet are evident.

If you have any questions, you read it simply our FAQs 3LikeHome or contact the 3ServiceTeam at the free number 0800/30 30 30.

3 Like Home is for 3Pronto and 3ReLoad customers only available on 3 network of the 3 Like Home countries, Italy, Great Britain, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and Hong Kong. A change in the composition of the list of countries 3LikeHome reserved.

3 Like Home is valid only while the mobile is registered in the customer's 3 network in the country. Information about the network selection and adoption of the net in use can be found in the technical description of the use of your terminal.

Old
  (#9)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 09-10-2009, 17:36

This offer looks great. In fact I'll likely get rid of my yesss! voice SIM and replace it with a couple of these cards. Did any more details come to life with respect to the 3ReloadExtreme offer?

Is an yearly top-up still required to keep the card active?

Is the 1000 SMS counter reset every month or every top-up?

How often does the 'fair use' counter for domestic on-net and 3LikeHome usage reset?

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#10)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 11-10-2009, 20:55

@ vlads

• the SMS counter will reset each month, not each reload
  • regarding news (hotline statements) from our austrian forum (3G-Forum von UMTSlink.at - Powered by vBulletin) you need one activity each year, otherwise your blanace will get lost. One SMS per year will keep your SIM alive.
  • I am not too shure if there is a fair use counter. On the 3 AT homepage is no statement about a fair use policy.

If anyone of you wants me to send out some of these SIM Cards, just drop me a email or PM. The card's doesn't need to be registerred, as long as you don't buy a mobile phone along.

BK