PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-04-2009, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingelli View Post
I have checked their new website and new rates look very attractive. Do you know how much they cost the DID numbers for US and to receive calls on them and if they will have for other countries as well. Also os the ony one to offer 10 seconds charging increment after the first minute.
Thanks
I don't know. They say they only charge for the SIM and for the calls. No mention of charges for the number.

Also, I tested smsBug and FishText sending to the new Celtrek/GRO SIM. smsBug ; FishText I'm fussing at FishText about this right now.

Old
  (#32)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-04-2009, 18:33

I just checked celtrek's rates too. I only checked the places I am likely to visit Western Europe, the Caribbean, Nigeria, and a few South American countries. I must say their rates are quite attractive. Especially their incoming rates. Incoming in the USA is $0.23 I think. And most other countries I checked are $0.25 or less.

I also want to mention that both fishtext and mobisms did not work when I sent a test sms to my maxroam Belgian number. I really will not be sending to a Belgium mobile anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
I don't know. They say they only charge for the SIM and for the calls. No mention of charges for the number.

Also, I tested smsBug and FishText sending to the new Celtrek/GRO SIM. smsBug ; FishText I'm fussing at FishText about this right now.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#33)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 01-04-2009, 19:18

My account is missing $12 too. I had $32 with Celtrek. Now they say I have $20 minus the $10 for the new Sim leaves $10. I emailed them back to see what was the deal.

Old
  (#34)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-04-2009, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
I just checked celtrek's rates too. I only checked the places I am likely to visit Western Europe, the Caribbean, Nigeria, and a few South American countries. I must say their rates are quite attractive. Especially their incoming rates. Incoming in the USA is $0.23 I think. And most other countries I checked are $0.25 or less.
Interesting that their map shows Cuba in green but Cuba is not on the list. I wonder what would happen if you tried it there? Being a Belgum SIM it would probably work, the US company just can't mention it.
Quote:
I also want to mention that both fishtext and mobisms did not work when I sent a test sms to my maxroam Belgian number. I really will not be sending to a Belgium mobile anyway.
Come to think of it, I can't think of any reason to either. Unless I loan the SIM to someone, which does happen occasionally.

Old
  (#35)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-04-2009, 09:57

Would like to know if DID numbers are assigned to the SIM now for free and fromwhich country (US only or other?) I tried to email support but no answer yet.

Old
  (#36)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Talking celltrek to global roaming - 11-04-2009, 15:13

Does anybody has experience with new sims?
Are did numbers for us assigned correctly and work?

Old
  (#37)
monkeyboy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 17-04-2009, 21:33

I just called Ryan... I tried to be as pleasant as possible, even though I think they are handling us previous customers in a pretty sh*tty way... I suppose the bright side is that the rates *are* better and there is apparently no expiration -- so I could argue that I don't have to make any 2min calls within the US anymore, which would have blown the $10 SIM replacement fee...

Ryan said the new DIDs should be available next week... We'll see how this all plays out...

Old
  (#38)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-04-2009, 23:54

They still have not reimbursed me for the $170 I had on my old SIM card. They are playing the typical email "games" that these type companies usually play. Nonsensical answers to my questions, "form" answers, etc. Went through all this with Yackie and others. Never again.

Old
  (#39)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default All good ... finally ... - 09-06-2009, 21:56

This is a "dead" thread, and sorry to bump it, but just wanted to mention that they finally made my account right and credited me the correct balance.

We complain when people do us wrong so I feel it's important to mention when companies do us right ... the lost hair (from scratching my head so much) notwithstanding ...