PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
zaarciniex (Offline)

Default Activated prepaids from Ebay in Germany - 19-06-2010, 22:28

There are lots of already activated prepaid card for sale on German ebay.
Are there any underwater mines if such card is bought?

Thank You.

Old
  (#2)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-06-2010, 00:11

Not really, though I once bought one that I liked the number of, only to receive a call from the previous owner when I registered it (it wasn't a problem, though, he was just curious as to why it was still in his name).

As long as the SIM is really cheap, it shouldn't be a problem, but remember that new ones are cheap and plentiful in Germany.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#3)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-06-2010, 01:03

You should consider that signing over a SIM to another person may be charged by some providers and can be quite elaborate, as signatures of the old and the new owner are required. But if the seller doesn't insist on signing over, you can of course leave registration unchanged.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#4)
zaarciniex (Offline)

Default 20-06-2010, 11:05

OK. Thanks.
Well, for me the main reason is that I would like to have the number I like and O2/Fonic that I have when using in Germany, still haven`t solved the problem with calling to landlines to some countries.

And the other problem is that I can not activate the new one as I do not have German Ausweis and will not have at least for some while more and am unwilling to ask a friend register one more mobile to his name.

Old
  (#5)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-06-2010, 14:38

You can definitely register with Fonic with any foreign ID. Actually I'm not aware of any German SIM card, that is limited to registration for German citizens only. That would contradict the principle of freedom of the EU.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#6)
zaarciniex (Offline)

Default 20-06-2010, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
You can definitely register with Fonic with any foreign ID. Actually I'm not aware of any German SIM card, that is limited to registration for German citizens only. That would contradict the principle of freedom of the EU.
Actually no. Bei Freischaltung on the Fonic internet there is Deutschland as only country available and there is no way to change it. The same thing happened when I wanted to buy a prepaid (I don`t remember which) in shop. I was asked for the German papers and my EU passport did not matter.

The same thing is in Spain, You need an Immigration paper with number in order to have even prepaid.

This is an annoying thing, as I have no intention for permanent residence papers in about half a Europe.

In fact this EU freedom thing is still baby cradle.

Old
  (#7)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-06-2010, 21:22

Fonic might require a German registration address (which is up to your fantasy), but that doesn't hinder foreigners from acitivating their SIM.