PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#571)
Vesko (Offline)

Default 23-06-2017, 21:46

@peterdoo: Thank you for these very interesting news! I had here an old unregistered UK-TM, at least 3-5 years old, and I have activated it this evening.
For my test I have also registered a local German mobile number +491521164XXXX. One call to a Bulgarian mobile number with duration of 0:15:42 minutes was charged at 0,47 EUR. A call to one German mobile number with duration of 0:00:11 minutes was charged at 0,02 EUR (rounded up, I think). So I can confirm this part of your statement.

Incoming calls on the German Mobile number, however, were not charged.
@MBK: I'm sorry, we seem not to pay for incoming calls, at least if called on the German IMSI

I think, regarding phone rates, toggle has became now a very interesting pay as you go product.
Could someone please test the NL-TM if possible? I have indeed one NL-account but have lost the SIM...

P.S. First topup of my UK-TM brought me a bonus of 2,00 EUR. I have nothing against it, as it was unexpected

Old
  (#572)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-06-2017, 00:34

You are right. Incoming calls are free when a local identity is used. This seems to be the only difference as compared to the roaming identity, as far as EU/EEA to EU/EEA calls are concerned.

I will not be to a country where a roaming identity is used until August so I cannot check before whether incoming calls are really charged there. According to the EU regulation, they should be free inside of EU/EEA.

Old
  (#573)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-08-2017, 23:43

I have tested calls in some EU countries without local identity. Although the roaming info texts received still indicate old pricing, there was no charge for incoming calls.

Outgoing calls are charged at 0,03 £/min to EU/EEA countries (mobile and fixed lines).

So the pricing within the EU/EEA (except in the UK) is the same, does not matter whether with or without the local identity:
Calls to EU/EEA: 0.03£/min
Receiving calls on any of the assigned numbers: free
Send SMS to EU/EEA: 0.06£/SMS

Old
  (#574)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-08-2017, 11:48

Nice, the only thing missing is data packages.

Old
  (#575)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-08-2017, 20:33

I think the real current downside for toggle is that they don't current have ANY plan for roaming data packages (historically, toggle country numbers and paygo fixed bundles and pricing for data) and their daily /mb pricing is just stupid expensive. I'm not really sure why they couldn't handle the 2+ yr in advance communicated change to EU roaming data rates and plans, and just said - okay, we're just going to eliminate that. Does this the beginning of the end (we're pretty close to the end if that is the case ) or are they just slow to the mark and will have something in the not too distant future?

Old
  (#576)
gaztelugatxe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-08-2017, 16:29

Hello

I purchased a Toggle NL card some time ago and they are making some changes:

1. When registering a new toogle local number you have to enter your passport again (already did when applied for the card) and has to be done for each number you request. It wasn´t required in the past.

2. Prices for calls to toggle countries are now more expensive:

Calls fo fixed toggle country numbers are now @ 6 cent euro/minute while they used to be @ 3 cent euro/min.

Regards

Old
  (#577)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-08-2017, 17:45

I had to give passport information several years ago just to get the card. haven't had to put in few a new roaming country number though, that is odd.

it's really losing any value for me now, in that there are no data roaming packages anymore.

Old
  (#578)
Vesko (Offline)

Default 07-08-2017, 19:11

Forget Toggle NL, get simply a Toggle UK, it has a much better value. I have received these days a second one here in Germany, ordered via their webshop. No personal data except for address and name. Although, when registering local number in Germany, they allways want to get details of your identity card or passport.

Old
  (#579)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-08-2017, 17:23

Interesting detail to all of you. We heard rumors here before, that Toggle Mobile will want to shut down somewhen in the future.

I just had a conversation with the Toggle Mobile Helpline to switch off my voicemail and got to know, that Toggle Mobile plans to expand it's services and Belgium and Austria is going to "join at the earliest", whatever that means. Also there was a mentioning about new pricing coming up, but no details at all.

I am really looking forward to get a Austrian Number as this would help me a lot! Hopefully it's not that endless running gag of certain countries joining Toggle Mobile, we had years ago...

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#580)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-08-2017, 21:24

@tivoboy,

I agree, the old data packages are greatly missed. Compared to the now present EU roam like at home rates, the old 1 GB for 20 GBP is a bad offer. But if you need the Toggle Sim and it is your only device, the old 1GB for 20 GBP is a not so bad offer, compared to the 15p per MB.

We are going to Spain on holidays on Friday and I played around a little bit with my toggle Simcard. If you use the webarchive or wayback machine to find the old toggle homepage with the codes to activate that 1GB package, it will work! Just did it...

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Tags
netherlands, toggle