PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Deep Packet Scanning on Netzclub Network - 24-05-2011, 16:12

No, inquistor, the links do/did contain individual IDs. You can copy the link from your SMS-ad and type it into a normal web browser on a desktop/laptop. Then afterwards, if you look at your account "history" on the netzclub.de website, you can check whether netzclub has recorded that you clicked your personalized link.

By the way, Netzclub/Telefonica now does deep packet scanning on their free internet allowance. Last year it was possible to tether extra devices, via wifi, to a netzclub mobile phone/portable hotspot. But not any more. If you now try to tether an extra device, netzclub immediately send you a warning email saying that they will disconnect your sim card and terminate your contract if you try to tether once again.

And because Netzclub has sent some of their members only one SMS-ad since last Xmas, I would not be surprised if the sponsored service is ended in the near future.

Old
  (#12)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-05-2011, 16:30

Babble, you have a Mexican flag in your profile. How did you get a Netzclub card, if I may ask?

Also, how can they find out if you are tethering via packet data scanning? Do they check the Browser's ID or something? I am not planning tethering but I am interested in how they do it.

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#13)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Dear netzclubber, thank you for your understanding! - 24-05-2011, 17:10

I travel backwards and forwards between Mexico and Europe. Netzclub sent the card to my german address.

I do not know how netzclub are checking for tethering, but they are definitely checking for it. I used to use my netzclub for voip calls, until I received this email:

Lieber netzclubber,

leider mussten wir feststellen, dass du deine Handy-Internet-Flat nicht in einem Mobiltelefon nutzt. Wir möchten dir hiermit mitteilen, dass in unseren Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (§ 6.1d sowie 6.3d) die Nutzung der SIM-Karte in einem Netbook, Surfstick, USB-Modem oder Ähnlichem* untersagt ist.

Deine netzclub SIM-Karte kannst du zukünftig in einem Handy betreiben und von den günstigen netzclub Tarifen profitieren. Solltest du jedoch die kostenlose Tarifoption weiterhin auf AGB-widrige Art nutzen, werden wir von unserem Recht der fristlosen Kündigung Gebrauch machen.

Besten Dank für dein Verständnis & Viele Grüße
Dein netzclub Team

* Das Datenvolumen darf ausschließlich mit einem Mobiltelefon, nicht jedoch mit einem ans Mobiltelefon oder sonst angeschlossenen oder drahtlos verbundenen Computer genutzt werden

My translation:

Dear netzclubber,

Unfortunately, we have detected that you are not using your Mobile-Flat-Tariff in a mobile telephone. Herewith we advise you that according to our contract terms and conditions (§ 6.1d and 6.3d) the use of the sim card in a Netbook, Surfstick, USB-Modem or similar device is prohibited.

You can continue to use your netzclub SIM card in a mobile phone and profit from the cheap netzclub tariff. However, should you once again use the free tariff option in a form contrary to our terms and conditions, we will shall be within our rights to terminate your contract immediately.

Greetings and thank you for your understanding,
Your netzclub Team

Old
  (#14)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-05-2011, 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by babble View Post
No, inquistor, the links do/did contain individual IDs. You can copy the link from your SMS-ad and type it into a normal web browser on a desktop/laptop. Then afterwards, if you look at your account "history" on the netzclub.de website, you can check whether netzclub has recorded that you clicked your personalized link.
I was referring to the last text advertisment, which came from Sportage and didn't contain any personal reference or ID (see: NetzClub: Marken zahlen deine Flat - Telefon-Treff). This might have been an error anyway. However according to article 5.1a of their T&Cs Netzclub requires customers to use SMS-, MMS- and WAP-capable phones - perhaps they will start analysing the ad visits one day and then ignore visits from desktop browsers.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#15)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Netzclub sms-ad test - 25-05-2011, 17:08

Okay, if you wish, you can test another Netzclub link. Netzclub will send out an sms-ad for zaOza. The format of the ad-link is:

https://m.netzclub.net/X_X_X_XXX.html?src=ABCDEFGHIJ

This is definitely a personlized link. If you deliberately slightly mistype YOUR OWN PERSONALIZED LINK (not the false link above) in a desktop web browser, you will receive the message:

Dein Klick konnte nicht getrackt werden. Der Code ist fehlerhaft oder die Kampagne ist bereits abgelaufen.

If you type the link correctly, you can afterwards check that it is "geklickt" in your online netzclub account history.

Last edited by babble; 25-05-2011 at 17:13..

Old
  (#16)
Anaïs (Offline)

Default Questions about netzclub sponsored cards - 05-06-2011, 20:27

Hello,

I'm french and I going to germany this summer, for three month.
Thanks to this forum I have already learnt Ã* lot of things about the netzclub sponsored cards but I have a few more questions. I don't speak german so it is quite difficult for me to find the answers.

I know that, with a netzclub prepaid card, if I want to call France, from Germany, it will cost me 11 cents (or 29 cents if I call a mobile phone).
But is it free for the person I call?
And what if I'am called from abroad? Would it cost me something?

I also would like to know if It is possible to have 2 sponsored offers at the same time, for example the sponsored phone and the sponsored surf.

Thank you.

Old
  (#17)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-06-2011, 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaïs View Post
But is it free for the person I call?
Yes, it's free for the person you call.

Quote:
And what if I'am called from abroad? Would it cost me something?
No, it's free for you to pick up any call within Germany.

Quote:
I also would like to know if It is possible to have 2 sponsored offers at the same time, for example the sponsored phone and the sponsored surf.
No, you can't.

INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Old
  (#18)
Anaïs (Offline)

Default 05-06-2011, 21:03

Ok, thank you very much.

Old
  (#19)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default Netzclub new prices - 16-06-2011, 20:15

Netzclub has updated its prices, and now they're the same as those for Fonic (9 cents/min, including to Europe and North America). The "sponsored surf" option has been reduced to 100 free megabytes per month, with a "pro" option of up to 300 MB for a 5 euro fee (in addition to clicking on an ad).

https://www.netzclub.net/sponsored_surf_basic.html

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#20)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-06-2011, 20:34

Still interesting offer, and still frustrated I can't get it from abroad :P