PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-06-2007, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Actually, there are several websites out there that will tell you which carrier a wireless number belongs to (Not acurate because of number portability). It will also indicate if it's not a mobile number. But the bottom line is, there should be no difference in rates. And freeGlobalSim's calculator is probably incorrect.

I did not know that it possible to see if a US number is a mobile number or not? Isn't it possible to port a number, not only between 2 mobile carriers, but alse between a mobile carrier and a fixed line operator (and vise versa) ?

Yves

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S

Old
  (#12)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-06-2007, 17:17

Yep! And, that's why it can not be accurate as I mentioned above. Because, it takes a long while for some of those companies to update their databases.

For example, I ported my mobile from sprint to cingular late last year. While some of them have updated their data, some are still reporting my number as belonging to sprint. The same thing will happen while porting from landline to mobile and vice-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygeffens View Post
I did not know that it possible to see if a US number is a mobile number or not? Isn't it possible to port a number, not only between 2 mobile carriers, but alse between a mobile carrier and a fixed line operator (and vise versa) ?

Yves

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#13)
crossag (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Rates - 08-07-2007, 01:46

Could you confirm what you are putting in to get the differential that you mention - I can't get it to do the same...

Old
  (#14)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-07-2007, 02:33

It has been corrected after I sent an email to Travis at freeGlobalSim. So, it's now showing the same as it should. In his first response he said that's the rate the provider is charging them. Then I explained to him in detail that there should not be a difference. And, how in the world would they be able to differentiate them accurately. The rates are theh same now anyway. But, they now charge very heavily for incoming and out going in all the caribbean countries. Even some that used to be free incoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossag View Post
Could you confirm what you are putting in to get the differential that you mention - I can't get it to do the same...

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile