PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default T-Mobile's BlackBerry World Email Booster - 20-08-2011, 21:02

Hi there, anyone use here T-Mobile's BlackBerry World Email Booster for roaming.
http://www.store-t-mobile.co.uk/t-mo...rld-email.html
I am quite confused, in which countries this Boster can be used. I checked T-Mobile site about the roaming, but their info is not clear.

Old
  (#2)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 20-08-2011, 23:04

Interesting deal. Note the footnote "**50 meg limit." The double asterisk footnote does not tie back to any particular text therefore I would assume it is across the board unless they say something to the contrary. The deal applies to all data that goes through the Blackberry Server, not just mail.

Old
  (#3)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 21-08-2011, 09:06

Thats right Stu it works on all data via BlackBerry servers. From reading UK forums, I do understand 50 meg limit is not strictly forced. As long as you don't do some crazy data transfers, you should be fine. Anyway BB is not that data hungry. Works on PAYG.

Old
  (#4)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-08-2011, 17:20

Looks like there is even better deal for BIS from Tesco Mobile. You will get for BIS for month for fiver ( includes 1GB UK data) plus 10 MB a day data limit when roaming.

From Tesco Mobile pages:
As a Tesco Mobile BlackBerry customer you will receive 10MB free BlackBerry data usage per day whilst roaming. This means you can use e-mail, browsing (as long as you use the BlackBerry connection), and blackberry features such as BlackBerry messaging and facebook.

Do you see any catch in the offer?

P.S. I heard something similar should available on O2 UK too.

Old
  (#5)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default O2 PAYG Blackberry Roaming - 28-08-2011, 16:20

Info about O2 UK PAYG Blackberry Roaming:

As an O2 UK Pay & Go Blackberry customer you will receive 10MB free Blackberry data usage per day whilst roaming. This means you can use email, browsing (as long as you use the Blackberry connection), and blackberry features such as blackberry messaging and facebook.

Using O2 Active or browsing where you use the O2 Data connection (such as O2 Active, streaming data or internet tethering and third party applications) you will be charged the normal roaming rate for data use.

Please note: Data Usage beyond the 10MB free allowance per day whilst roaming will result in removal of your Blackberry services; after which only re-purchasing the Blackberry Bolt On or topping up a minimum of £15 if on the Blackberry tariff will re-activate your Blackberry service.

I am a Pay & Go customer what services do I get charged for if I go abroad with my BlackBerry? - Support - O2

Old
  (#6)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Tesco UK BIS - 29-08-2013, 21:16

Sorry to dig up old thread again. I am using Tesco UK BIS for some time now. Free roaming data, wherever I was except Philippines(worked in all Europe, UAE, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, HK, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, South Africa, Malaysia). All you have to do is not to go over 10MB daily data limit. When you connect Playbook via BB Bridge, the browser is not available on Playbook. It says use phone browser instead, but email works on Playbook well. BTW I use it as roaming service all the time. Price still the same, fiver a month.