PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
Mnemo (Offline)

Smile Voucher... - 17-10-2007, 22:58

Hi

I'd like to confirm that I received a valid voucher from YACKIE today....thanks!

Mnemo

Old
  (#32)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-10-2007, 23:34

Same here. I was also able to go to their website (using the the voucher) and select a number/country of my choice, and they sent me a confirmation with both the US/iceland numbers. And the initial free credit of $49 is already on the sim. Also received a shipping tracking number.

On their website there are options to forward/unforward the US number, to the iceland number, or the VIP and then the iceland number, and other options. It also looks like one can access the VM from another phone. Called the number then hit #, it asked for a password. But, I do not know wha it is. So far so good...Will not be abe to test it till the end of the year when I travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo View Post
Hi

I'd like to confirm that I received a valid voucher from YACKIE today....thanks!

Mnemo

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#33)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 18-10-2007, 06:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo View Post
Hi

Mnemo
Me too. Thanks for the offer Yackie

Last edited by prion; 18-10-2007 at 06:52..

Old
  (#34)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 18-10-2007, 11:56

I received mine too yesterday, I'll surely test it once I'm back home and in Germany on the weekend. BTW they seem to be much better organized than before, by now...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#35)
achu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-10-2007, 20:48

Since I was the original "negative previous experience" poster on this thread, I feel like I should also update on my progress. I received my voucher today and went thru the ordering process. Like the previous 3 posters, I got my local forward #, appropriate pre-loaded credit associated with the account, and a postal tracking number.

I have to give credit where it is due. This time around, the customer service is way better. The ordering process is quick and the automated email responds to the order are fast and accurate.

I am also located within US so I will probably not blow US$2+/min to test the service. That said, I think YackieMobile did hint that they are working on $0.10/min for US/Canada. They will definitely be the first to offer something that cheap within North America.

Old
  (#36)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-10-2007, 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post
I think YackieMobile did hint that they are working on $0.10/min for US/Canada. They will definitely be the first to offer something that cheap within North America.
Absolutely! The cheapest prepaid GSM service in Canada that I know of is 7-11 SpeakOut at 20¢/min local (outgoing and incoming) and 30¢/minute long distance within Canada/US. Airtime is available in $25, $50 and $100 increments and is good for 365 days. They use the Rogers network.

The main issue with SpeakOut is that they don't sell their SIMs separately. You have to buy a Nokia phone from them, however, from time to time they have promotions where you get the phone free if you buy $100 airtime. In September they were offering the Nokia 1600b under such a promotion. The phone is unlocked but it only works on 850/1800 (NA) bands.

For more info see http://www.speakoutwireless.ca/

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#37)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 18-10-2007, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post
That said, I think YackieMobile did hint that they are working on $0.10/min for US/Canada. They will definitely be the first to offer something that cheap within North America.
I would not place any bets on them being the first in that sort of tariff range, or that it will be unique for long from any supplier

Old
  (#38)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 18-10-2007, 21:10

Any idea about the expiration period of the yackie sim?

Old
  (#39)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-10-2007, 21:29

According to their FAQ, it's expires after 9 months of non-use.

http://support.yackiemobile.com/inde...1&pcid=0&nav=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
Any idea about the expiration period of the yackie sim?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#40)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 19-10-2007, 01:31

How does the VOIP integrate with the new system?