PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#201)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-06-2013, 23:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
Betamax retail brands are outbound CID locked - you can either use pre-registered outbound CIDs or no CID, there's no option for per call outbound CID...
Either I´m totally off topic, or that´s not correct.

As I describe >>here<<, I use Betamax (freevoipdeal) with my Asterisk, and passing the original CID through is not a problem.

More specific scenario: I have a German sipgate.de#, my Asterisk forwards incoming calls on this number to username@sip.freevoipdeal.com, in freevoipdeal I have an "always forward" to my German Toggle# @ 0.5c/Minute, and the calls reach me, in Switzerland, with their original CID.

Old
  (#202)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 21-06-2013, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow View Post

As I describe >>here<<, I use Betamax (freevoipdeal) with my Asterisk, and passing the original CID through is not a problem.
Fair enough, this works, however you're locked to one MSISDN per Betamax account. If on the other hand you used the Betamax trunk in Asterisk to place outbound calls to multiple numbers, your CID will not pass through.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#203)
Advanced Member

Default 21-06-2013, 00:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
Fair enough, this works, however you're locked to one MSISDN per Betamax account. If on the other hand you used the Betamax trunk in Asterisk to place outbound calls to multiple numbers, your CID will not pass through.
You mean using the account to place calls from your local phone with custom CID to other numbers? Possible!

First, verify the numbers through the website or application. Both possible. The verified numbers can now be used as CID.

I verified my German(sipgate) and Swiss(netvoip) numbers, and installed two trunks for netvoipdeal: One with German CID, one with Swiss CID. With corresponding dialrules I show up with my German CID when calling Germany, and my Swiss CID when calling any other destination.

Totally off-topic for Toggle-Thread: Using Swiss netvoip to call German 0180x numbers, charges the "normal" international tariff to those numbers (0.02CHF), which are overprices within Germany. Same thing the other way around: Swiss 0848... called from German sipgate are charged at the "normal" rate to Switzerland. So I "cross country" those in the dialplan, actually using sipgate and netvoip for those calls

Rgds, Christian

Last edited by ChrisNeedsToKnow; 21-06-2013 at 00:18..

Old
  (#204)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 21-06-2013, 09:17

Quote:
Totally off-topic for Toggle-Thread: Using Swiss netvoip to call German 0180x numbers, charges the "normal" international tariff to those numbers (0.02CHF), which are overprices within Germany.
totally OT reply and then lets go back to the real topic:
fortunately the expensive 0180-5 numbers are nearly extinguished now by new law (illegal to have a payed call when you are in a waiting loop). So most companies either swap to normal landlines or the new 0180-6 prefix which is 20ct per call, no matter how long it takes.

Christian

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#205)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 21-06-2013, 18:10

Quote:

More specific scenario: I have a German sipgate.de#, my Asterisk forwards incoming calls on this number to username@sip.freevoipdeal.com, in freevoipdeal I have an "always forward" to my German Toggle# @ 0.5c/Minute, and the calls reach me, in Switzerland, with their original CID.
I'd like to try that. Could you be a bit more specific as to where you set up the forward in the Betamax application? I am using Voipyo, and I have looked in the Voipyo Android app as well as Mobilevoip and I don't see a place to set up a forward.

Old
  (#206)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 21-06-2013, 18:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
I'd like to try that. Could you be a bit more specific as to where you set up the forward in the Betamax application? I am using Voipyo, and I have looked in the Voipyo Android app as well as Mobilevoip and I don't see a place to set up a forward.
Answering my own question - I see that Freevoipdeal has a Windows application with a forwarding option. Voipyo does not have a Windows application, so I'll need to get another Betamax account if I want to try this. However, I expect that the voice quality would not be as good as Localphone, as with the Localphone forward there is less bouncing around - the call comes in to their number and gets forwarded directly by Localphone, rather than coming into a DID, then to my Asterisk box, then out again to the Betamax carrier.

Last edited by ronwi; 21-06-2013 at 19:05..

Old
  (#207)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 21-06-2013, 21:29

SMS issue fixed by Toggle. Great.

Old
  (#208)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-06-2013, 23:24

Quote:
Answering my own question - I see that Freevoipdeal has a Windows application with a forwarding option. Voipyo does not have a Windows application
the dialer software is generic, you can use any betamax account to sign in there. Just give it a try...

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#209)
Advanced Member

Default 23-06-2013, 09:55

Quote:
Late reply, but you already found it yourself. On VoipYo I also didn´t get it to work. With most other Betamaxes it can (only?) be done via the application.

I wish it was possible to change the forwarding# via web or app, but couldn´t find out how. Betamax-typical no reply to corresponding help emails to their support. Quite a pain.

Rgds, Christian

Old
  (#210)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-06-2013, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
the dialer software is generic, you can use any betamax account to sign in there. Just give it a try...
I did, it didn't work.

I think they treat Voipyo differently, they do no offer SIP access or PC application. At the time I signed up, that was fined because I did not intend to use VOIP and their prices were the cheapest of the various Betamax clones for the countries I wanted to call.

Tags
netherlands, toggle