PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-11-2006, 20:00

I cancelled my GT-SIM 6 months ago. Are they billing for GPRS data now? When I had it I never got billed for it.

Old
  (#2)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 07-11-2006, 15:01

Me too. I never had GPRS billed with my old GT sim...

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#3)
futaris (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 15-11-2006, 05:55

Can anyone confirm this?

Old
  (#4)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-12-2006, 10:32

Is anybody still using GT at all?

Old
  (#5)
mvnsnd (Offline)

Default 21-12-2006, 17:37

I still have it, as for me, it is still post paid. I cannot comment on the GPRS though, as I don't use that.

Old
  (#6)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 21-12-2006, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvnsnd View Post
I still have it, as for me, it is still post paid. I cannot comment on the GPRS though, as I don't use that.
How can you have post-paid on GT-SIM? They only have prepaid account nowadays. The postpaid account will be topupped with 25euro when the balance reaches a certain trigger point.

Old
  (#7)
mvnsnd (Offline)

Default 23-12-2006, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by flodis79 View Post
How can you have post-paid on GT-SIM? They only have prepaid account nowadays. The postpaid account will be topupped with 25euro when the balance reaches a certain trigger point.
I opened the account as postpaid in March 2006. I used it for a visit to England and Prague a month later. I have not used it until November at which time I used it in Mexico and rung up about $50 US.

So I checked my account today and it shows as switched to prepaid even though my November activity was billed through the postpaid system. So it must have been the inactivity that kept it postpaid.

So, now the dilema of what to do. I don't want to really carry a balance on an international SIM, as I don't use it very often. The postpaid was ideal for me.

Jeff

Old
  (#8)
Klaus Wegener (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Gt-sms - 01-02-2007, 17:31

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by flodis79 View Post
Is anybody still using GT at all?
Yes, me

I use it mainly for SMS, as I am texting quite a lot (with my girl-friend) and I am often abroad for business purposes.

Although GT-SIM increased the price for SMS from - in the beginning - 0.09 Euro (the reason, why I bought GT-SIM) to meanwhile 0.29 Euro, I still use it. By the way: I came back from a Business trip to Belgium today and I wonder, that SMS are still billed for me with 0.18 Euro each. Do I have some kind of "VIP-card" or are you, guys, billed 0.18 Euro per message, too? I only wonder, don't want to complain, as the price-list tells 0.29 Euro...

I did not use GPRS since July 2006 (Mr. Hausschild told me early last year, that from July 2006, they wanted to bill GPRS).

Regards,
Klaus

Old
  (#9)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-02-2007, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Wegener View Post
Do I have some kind of "VIP-card" or are you, guys, billed 0.18 Euro per message, too?
Yes, I also get billed at 0,18 per outbound sms (gt-sim prepaid). It's my main travel sim for sms (especially since most of the people I text are on other Manx networks, usually fast and reliable delivery).

Old
  (#10)
GSM_student (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default I would like to know - 22-04-2007, 08:39

I want buy the GT-SIM but everyone say that they change the prices without notice. Well I would like to know if it is the only problem.
Sure that the price is important but the quality of the calls is really important too, for me.
Some one can answer me if the GT-SIM quality is good or not? And compare with the TravelSim we could say that is it the same quality?
Thanks