PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-01-2009, 21:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraus88 View Post
I am overly surprised with all comments here. We have "prepaid smarties" from all corners of the world commenting like little children with little brains. Like I said, we are not competing with callback sim cards that go out of business every year, and compares with our product like apples to oranges.
By saying WE are not competing I understand that you are linked to this company ?

I have asked het mod here several times that compnies offering services should reflect this in their username or in their signature so everyone knows who is a user and who is a company offering products.

Now it looks like you are just a user posting here but by saying WE it more looks like you represent this company.

So please let everyone know here if you represent the company or are linked to them.

Old
  (#12)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-01-2009, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
By saying WE are not competing I understand that you are linked to this company ?

I have asked het mod here several times that compnies offering services should reflect this in their username or in their signature so everyone knows who is a user and who is a company offering products.

Now it looks like you are just a user posting here but by saying WE it more looks like you represent this company.

So please let everyone know here if you represent the company or are linked to them.
Please reread first post and you'll clearly see that I represent this company.

Old
  (#13)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-01-2009, 23:32

Quote:
There's no need to patronise us further

Maybe from the first post on the thread, but perhaps you weren't quite so explicit in your first 'stumbled-upon' post on the forum (below). Even in a post as recent as last November, you were referring to the company in the third not first person

Originally Posted by akraus88
I found a great company in the USA that offers mobile phone rental in the USA and Canada for a very low fixed rate which is amazing according to what any other carriers charge especially the vodafone's and the 02's, for now you can only order by phone but they told me that they will be launching a online-ordering website soon but you can check out their pricing online.

Last edited by andy; 29-01-2009 at 23:43..

Old
  (#14)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 30-01-2009, 00:20

Nice that someone managed to save the original quote! I suspect the OP may just decide to let us little children continue playing in the sandpit... LOL.

By the way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
....their underlying O2 SIM card, which would charge me 85p or £1.37 in a lot of your $2.99 places
Or even cheaper... o2's International traveller Service (ITS) is free on most plans, and even when not can be negotiated as a freebie add-in (like they did with me).
See: International Traveller Service - Calling from overseas - International - O2

e.g. Asia including countries such as UAE and India at 43p/min incoming... or the most expensive at only 85p/min incoming!

Even better when the pound/euro exchange rate is almost at parity. For many of the destinations I get too, o2 contract UK with ITS is the cheapest roaming provider I can imagine.

Old
  (#15)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 30-01-2009, 00:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
e.g. Asia including countries such as UAE and India at 43p/min incoming... or the most expensive at only 85p/min incoming!
oops... my bad. I think Andys rate reflected ITS.. and also these destinations are at the higher rate!

(Why can I no longer edit/delete my post??) What's the new 2 minute rule???

Old
  (#16)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-01-2009, 01:24

No, you're right the first time, without - I went to a page without the ITS rates and forgot to look again. So instead of 85p and £1.37 I should have said 60 and 81p.

Old
  (#17)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 30-01-2009, 07:59

Quote:
If you respresent the company this should be clear to everyone. Either your username should be the company name or in your signature you should mention your company name.

By not doing this it's not clear who you are and to which company you belong. If you post in other threads no one knows you are a supplier and it's not my job nor someone elses to read every sinle one of your posts.

To the moderators please do something about this. Have suppliers mention they are suppliers either in their username (can be change in the backend) or force them to use a signature.