PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-02-2006, 09:38

Hi,

I've been using my prepaid wind sim with the mega no limit option activated from 14/1/06. It automatically renewed yesterday which I find surprising as my account only had EUR 4.80 credit - nowhere near enough to cover the EUR 20 monthly fee! I've checked just now on the 155.it website and in the available credit section it says my balance is EUR 0.00 but the Mega no limit credit is EUR 3000. I'd assumed the mega no limit wouldn't renew unless I had enough credit but it seems I was wrong.

I've now noticed that it's impossible to use the net from the phone. Have they put a block on the line or something? Will simply topping up by enough to cover the "debt" re-enable it?

I'd really appreciate any tips. :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Michael :bye2:

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-02-2006, 10:42

Yes, when you are at ? 0 credit you can do nothing. Of course they are not so kind to let you use the MegaNoLimit paying just 4.80 euros, you need to top-up and after that they will take you the ? 15.20 needed for the MNL fee and since your credit will be positive, you'll be able to use all the features again.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 16-02-2006, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
Yes, when you are at ? 0 credit you can do nothing. Of course they are not so kind to let you use the MegaNoLimit paying just 4.80 euros, you need to top-up and after that they will take you the ? 15.20 needed for the MNL fee and since your credit will be positive, you'll be able to use all the features again.
how very nice of them :whistle:

Old
  (#4)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-02-2006, 17:34

Thanks for the info...I suspected it would be something like that!

Now the new problem...the online topup at mondowind worked fine last month with my AMEX card but now everytime I try and do a topup I get an email saying:

Gentile Michael,

durante la transazione per il pagamento del tuo ordine non h stata rilasciata l autorizzazione all addebito sulla tua carta di credito. Per questo motivo, l ordine che hai effettuato h stato annullato.

I've tried several times and it's always the same . I know it's not a problem with the amex card so I guess wind may have made their system more secure or something. I'll go try a visa card now - a bit of a pain as it takes wind hours before they come back saying the transaction was turned down.

Are there any other topup possibilities?

Thanks!
Michael

Old
  (#5)
beppe_bl (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 16-02-2006, 17:39

I'm not sure if is already working, but into the starmap alliance there is/will be the possibility to recharge a prepaid sim with the top up of another member of the same alliance. So theorically you can recharge the wind sim with o2 top-up, but it's better if you can check this on o2 web site.

Old
  (#6)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-02-2006, 18:51

Thanks for the tip about o2 - however, I don't think this is operational yet as there is absolutely no mention of it on their website.

I'll go and try the amex card again on mondowind one last time. I'll know in a few hours whether it gets turned down again or not.

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-02-2006, 18:53

I think it's Mondowind which has problems, it's not a very reliable service, but that's the only one...
The recharge with O2 should be operational in this period, but I don't know anything more...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#8)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-02-2006, 20:59

If not on the O2 website, can an O2 code voucher be used?

Old
  (#9)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-02-2006, 22:47

Well, I've just received another email from "mondowind" to say the transaction was declined. I've tried my amex card twice and also a visa card and every time it's the same result - +/- 2 hours later I get an email saying it was declined. As far as I can see it's either the fact mondowind have tightened up their authorisation checks and now their system turns down foreign cards or a temporary glitch. Has anybody else topped up today on mondowind?

I do hope an o2 voucher will work as otherwise there's no way to topup the wind card outside Italy . I just wish I'd topped up by more last month when it went through! Maybe no more mega-no-limit for me until my next trip to Italy in a couple of months

The only thing I can find about the o2 / wind alliance is this webpage which has no mention of foreign topup vouchers: Link to o2

Old
  (#10)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 17-02-2006, 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticex
Well, I've just received another email from "mondowind" to say the transaction was declined. I've tried my amex card twice and also a visa card and every time it's the same result - +/- 2 hours later I get an email saying it was declined. As far as I can see it's either the fact mondowind have tightened up their authorisation checks and now their system turns down foreign cards or a temporary glitch. Has anybody else topped up today on mondowind?

I do hope an o2 voucher will work as otherwise there's no way to topup the wind card outside Italy . I just wish I'd topped up by more last month when it went through! Maybe no more mega-no-limit for me until my next trip to Italy in a couple of months

The only thing I can find about the o2 / wind alliance is this webpage which has no mention of foreign topup vouchers: Link to o2
sorry to be dumb but cant you get andrea or effendi to buy you a scratch card and enter that from the UK ? you could pay them by paypal