PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
chano (Offline)

Default Vodafone Portugal permit send international SMS? - 20-06-2007, 23:58

My girlfriend is studying in Portugal for a month and she buy a Vodafone prepaid sim. I can send her SMS from a chilean GSM phone (Entel PCS) but if she send to me, i don't receive. I can receive SMS from other european networks.

Anyone knows if Vodafone has a restriction to send SMS abroad?

(she sends sms using +5699610xxxx)

Thanks.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-06-2007, 14:08

Vodafone is seldom reliable when we talk about international SMS... you could have the same problems with Voda IT... I fear the only solution for her is to use some internet SMS services. Or moving to another operator.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
chano (Offline)

Default 15-09-2009, 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chano View Post
My girlfriend is studying in Portugal for a month and she buy a Vodafone prepaid sim. I can send her SMS from a chilean GSM phone (Entel PCS) but if she send to me, i don't receive. I can receive SMS from other european networks.

Anyone knows if Vodafone has a restriction to send SMS abroad?

(she sends sms using +5699610xxxx)

Thanks.
After two years, now i'm in Portugal. Again buy a new Vodafone prepaid sim and... i can't send SMS to Chile (EntelPCS or Movistar) from Vodafone sim. From Chile there is no problem to send to Vodafone (from Movistar is showed a England +44 number as sender).

I think that I will buy another operator sim (by the way, the girl who works in the mobile shop is gorgeous, so is a good reason to go back again )

Old
  (#4)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-09-2009, 14:59

Vodafone Spain does not work to several countries either. e.g. India
Quote:
I think that I will buy another operator sim (by the way, the girl who works in the mobile shop is gorgeous, so is a good reason to go back again )
Even if the shop does not sell SIMs that is a great idea to go back, but didn't you have another Portugese lady already?? LOL