PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
EllasDevil (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default GREECE: Goodbye "TIM", hello "WIND"... - 29-05-2007, 12:04

GOODBYE ................................................AND HELLO

It's rumored that from June 5th 2007, the TIM brand name will disappear from the Greek market place when the company rebrands to WIND.

The rebrand has not been officially confirmed by the company however it comes as no surprise as Orascom Telecom (the majority shareholder in WIND Italy) now own TIM Hellas and are currently paying TIM (Italy) for the use of their brand name.

The new domain name will be www.wind.com.gr rather than www.wind.gr as the .gr is already taken. However wind.gr was registered in 2005 indicating that this isn't a case of cyber squatting as was the case when TELESTET was rebranding to TIM only to find that leaked information lead to www.tim.gr being registered by the partner of an employee.

Last edited by EllasDevil; 31-05-2007 at 09:46.. Reason: Changed date from 1/6/2007 to 5/6/2007...

Old
  (#2)
AdmiralAK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-05-2007, 17:55

From one 'italian' company to another

Club Admiralty - website with stuff about me
Current Prepaid: None
Older Prepaid: AT&T wireless; TracFone; Telestet; Vodafone GR; Fido; SFR; T-mobile US; Tuyo, Cosmote
Postpaid: at&t

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-05-2007, 18:46

It's the second time they change brand... let's hope it's the good one!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#4)
AdmiralAK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-05-2007, 01:18

I hope this one sticks. Too much rebranding is bad
look at the US... In my area we had between 1999 and 2007
Cellular One --> AT&T wireless --> Cingular --> at&t mobility
Omnipoint --> Voicestream --> T-Mobile

Older Prepaid: AT&T wireless; TracFone; Telestet; Vodafone GR; Fido; SFR; T-mobile US; Tuyo, Cosmote

Old
  (#5)
EllasDevil (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-05-2007, 09:51

At least in the USA, they are trying to make people aware of the AT&T brand before pulling the plug on Cingular. In Greece, customers are going to wake up and suddenly be on WIND.

Also you may notice from the first post, I have altered the date from June 1st to June 5th. The reason is that TIM have billboards at bus stops hinting that something will happen on June 5th.

Personally I always preferred the TELESTET branding to TIM but I'm open minded about WIND.

Old
  (#6)
AdmiralAK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-05-2007, 15:04

You are correct Devil, I've been getting the 'cingular is now the new at&t' in my paper bills (and in all the commercials) for the last 6 months.

I too prefered the name telestet. What's the deal with Q? has it or will it be integrated? or will it be a separate brand like Fido (for Rogers) in Canada?

Old
  (#7)
EllasDevil (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-05-2007, 17:26

I 'believe' Q-Telecom will continue to exist as a seperate brand but purely as a prepaid product though (Q-Card).

The post paid customers of Q-Telecom were on a tarrif called Q1. Recently they were all migrated to TIM and became customers of TIM1 (same deal) leaving Q with only prepaid customers.

The Q-Telecom commercials are still showing on TV encouraging users to buy their connection packs so I assume the brand will live on after June 5th.

Old
  (#8)
Gryphone (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 05-06-2007, 16:12

It seems you were right. www.tim.gr redirects to www.wind.com.gr and the intro says the same. However the colours are of the Wind logo are different to those in Italy, it seems they are keeping the TIM colours.

Active Prepaid SIMs: United Mobile; (RC) China Mobile; (USA) TúYo; (D) Loop, Callya, Simyo; (A) Klax; (I) Wind; (B) Ay Yildiz
Former Prepaid SIMs: (RC) IF; (D) Free&Easy, Xtra; (A) Yesss; (UK) Pay&Go; (E) Movistar; (IS) Frelsi
Mobiles in use: Sagem my101X, Siemens M50, Nokia 6800, Siemens M65, Motorola E770, Samsung SGH-Z500, Nokia 9500
Previous Mobiles: Nokia 5130, Motorola V3688, Sagem myX-1, Siemens M55, NEC e313, SonyEricsson T200, Motorola V980, Siemens C45, Motorola V600

Old
  (#9)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 12-06-2007, 16:10

well i think that the italian colours are nicer than the new greek ones

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG