PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-05-2006, 16:27

Just for your info. If you log in to Account page, there is now possible to trigger double callback from web. I am using it for last 10 days. It works quite well and also quality of have improved drastically. Just don't forget there is FUP for free calls. If you call over 300 minutes between free call destinations in last 7 days, you become to pay call again. Don't know if this work also with other similar services from the same owner company as I do have account just with VOIPDISCOUNT.COM.

Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 19-05-2006, 18:55

It is the same with other similar services of the same company.

Exactly the same!

Old
  (#3)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-05-2006, 21:00

Good to hear.

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-05-2006, 21:52

I'd like to see a wap version of the set-up page

Old
  (#5)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-05-2006, 08:38

I did small test this morning. I know that SKYPE rate to call 00447624 is mistake from their side, but couldn't resist. So I did trigger double callback on VOIPDISCOUNT.COM of which my phone number was UK virtual 0207 number forwarding to my IOM mobile phone ( I was roaming at that time on T-Mobile CZ) and destination number was my fixed line in Prague.So now, what happened. It takes about 40-50 seconds before the IOM number starts to ring, but VOIPDISCOUNT.COM doesn't count any calling until you answer on mobile phone. Than the second ring is very fast about 1-2 seconds, almost immediately.The quality is very good on both sides of the "line". Best set-up for regular traveller, I have found so far. Now the challenge is to find the way how to trigger such set-up from mobile phone as Andy mentioned.

Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-05-2006, 09:13

The IoM SIM takes a bit longer to ring at any time, always about 3 rings later than the caller hears, but someone told me that the Skype forwarding took a while, so many callers would not wait this long. But for outgoing calls, you could put up with it ...

I asked Voipcheap about a wap version a couple of weeks ago - no reply. I just asked Voipdiscount

Old
  (#7)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-05-2006, 08:24

If you don't have Asterisk, take a look at easypabx.com, pbxes.com, and voxalot.com. These are voip service aggregators. You can signup for various services, point them to these services and then connect to them in a variety of ways. Assume, for the sake of argument that you live in Italy and use an IOM SIM. You can get an Italian DID from VOIPbuster and then find a cheap VOIP provider to an IOM number. You can then program the Italian number to forward to IOM via the VOIP provider de jour. Some of them also offer callback services.

Lastly, you can tie these numbers into sipbroker and get dialins from other countries via an "extension style system." You can also create your own virtual calling card system through this approach.

stu

Old
  (#8)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-05-2006, 19:21

Very good idea Stu. I have currently similar set-up on my Fritz ADSL modem/router. Just to let you all know, one of cheapest rates to call IOM mobile as well as UK mobile is using http://www.webcalldirect.com/ , which one of Betamax( formerly Finarea) site. SKYPE is still ahead, but I don't count it as a regular rate. The rate is 8 Eurocents plus VAT.

Old
  (#9)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-05-2006, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by meir
Very good idea Stu. I have currently similar set-up on my Fritz ADSL modem/router. Just to let you all know, one of cheapest rates to call IOM mobile as well as UK mobile is using http://www.webcalldirect.com/ , which one of Betamax( formerly Finarea) site. SKYPE is still ahead, but I don't count it as a regular rate. The rate is 8 Eurocents plus VAT.
Have you tried webcalldirect with other "hot" destinations - I mean mainly +423 663 .
And what denominations of top-ups?

Old
  (#10)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-05-2006, 21:58

No, I don't have UM number. If top-up directly you pay at least Euro 10+VAT. I did topped-up last time vie local reseller and paid Euro 6 for Euro 5 credit assigned.