PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-04-2010, 12:07

I'm sorry. I just relied to the information on the Fonic website. But in Leipzig there's a shopping mall in the central station ("Promenaden Leipzig Hauptbahnhof" at Willy-Brandt-Platz) which is opened on Sundays and on public holidays from 13:00 through 18:00 and where there is REWE (supermarket), Rossmann (drugstore) and Saturn (electronics). According to Rossmann Filialsuche the Rossmann store is opened Sundays from 9:30 through 20:00 and REWE should be opened from 12:00 through 18:00. I expect them to be opened on Easter Monday at the same time, too.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 05-04-2010 at 12:15..

Old
  (#32)
fuxoft (Offline)

Default 05-04-2010, 13:35

Thanks, but I am now back in Prague and I'll be going to Germany again on Wednesday noon (to Hamburg, Star Wars concert so I presume I can buy the Fonic anywhere at that time.

So, when I buy the SIM card, I first have to find a WiFi somewhere and activate the card over internet at fonic.de and then I have to call the customer support at 80000 (in German) and tell them to activate the flat data tarif, is this correct?

Old
  (#33)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-04-2010, 15:00

You can also activate your SIM by phone at 0800/4636642 (toll free, working hours: Mon-Sat 8-20 h) if you don't have internet access.
If you activate by phone you could ask the operator to switch to "Internet-Tagesflatrate" already upon activation. Otherwise call customer care after activation at 80000 and request the tariff switch afterwards.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#34)
fuxoft (Offline)

Default 10-04-2010, 14:42

I ended up getting Vodafone CallYa which worked great, except one interesting glitch/feature:

I got a week-long data access and everything in my HTC Hero worked great - Browsing, E-mails, chat, maps, even YouTube. However, several times during the day, when I didn't actively use the phone, all data connections stopped working and I had to visit an internet page (any page!) in my browser - this displayed the Vodafone landing page and from this instant, eveything worked again.