PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Savemoneysim.com - 21-08-2014, 18:36

Does anyone of you know about savemoneysim? I use their service for quite some time know and it saved me a lot of money in china and India this year.

I've got a sim card from them free of charge at the World Travel Market fair in London and activated the sim last June. The simcard and balance does not expire and their calling rates are fair. From my understanding it is a reseller of travelsim, offering cheaper rates than the original. Services seems to be the same but they update their website very infrequently.

Have a look at www.savemoneysim.com....

BK

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#2)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-08-2014, 23:00

Oof, Canada (I always check those first) rates $1.99 outgoing (or "outcoming" as they say) and $1.69 incoming. That is about 4 times what Piranha charges
Might as well just enable roaming on your regular carrier....

USA is very pricey too, and it looks like they offer no data whatsoever. Guess it's only useful in Asia then!

Last edited by Sophia; 24-08-2014 at 23:05..

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-08-2014, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Oof, Canada (I always check those first) rates $1.99 outgoing (or "outcoming" as they say) and $1.69 incoming. That is about 4 times what Piranha charges
Might as well just enable roaming on your regular carrier....

USA is very pricey too, and it looks like they offer no data whatsoever. Guess it's only useful in Asia then!
you have to check the (rate for USA) tariff, as they have 2 versions of their SIM.

then USA is 0.39 out and 0.00 in and canada is .99 out and .45 in (till quite costy though, but netter)

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 30-08-2014, 02:18

Ah I missed that, that makes it more realistic. I wonder how all these companies are going to fare when countries finally bring their roaming fees down. We already see it with Wind in Canada, who offers very generous roaming in the US for less than $40. I hope other carriers follow, not only in Canada but everywhere

Old
  (#5)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 30-08-2014, 02:45

A lot of them will not survive. That has been happening over the last few years, especially with the EU regulating roaming rates. There used to be a whole lot of international sim carriers. That has dwindled significantly over the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I wonder how all these companies are going to fare when countries finally bring their roaming fees down. We already see it with Wind in Canada, who offers very generous roaming in the US for less than $40. I hope other carriers follow, not only in Canada but everywhere

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#6)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 02-09-2014, 04:05

Wind is offering its US roaming to prove a point. They were lobbying the Harper administration and Parliament to force RoBelUs to give them reasonable roaming rates. They wanted to use the US to show what was possible.

Verizon and ATT in the US currently offer 1,000 minutes of Mexican/Canadian roaming for $15. Border countries are a little easier.

Old
  (#7)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-09-2014, 04:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Wind is offering its US roaming to prove a point. They were lobbying the Harper administration and Parliament to force RoBelUs to give them reasonable roaming rates. They wanted to use the US to show what was possible.

Verizon and ATT in the US currently offer 1,000 minutes of Mexican/Canadian roaming for $15. Border countries are a little easier.
And, of course, TMobile U.S., offers roamers in Canada unlimited text and data (data at 120-130Kbps) and 20¢/min. voice to both Canada and U.S. (and 100+ other countries).

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#8)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-09-2014, 12:27

TMobile USA's plan is great. I am grandfathered on a very old ATT plan which gives me unlimited international data (high speed) in every country they have roaming with. If they ever pull it, I will get TMobile.

Because of this, I use a roaming SIM for voice where VOIP Over HSPA (or wifi) isn't possible. Even then, I usually trigger a callback to the roaming SIM. This means in most places, a call is somewhere around 8 cents a minute. Since ATT has shuttered the plan, it didn't make much sense talking about it.

TMobile USA also has an "Open Europe" plan which gives you included high speed data and calling throughout the EU, Switzerland, Norway, and Russia. It gives you 500 megs of high speed data in the EU and then 2g plus a bucket of minutes. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I would probably just buy the bucket of high speed data for the TMobile Simply Calling plan if I needed it.