PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-06-2006, 21:45

W-CDMA is a different standard (3G) from GSM, like CDMA or TDMA, AMPS and so on.
There are dual-mode phones which have both GSM and W-CDMA, of course. Anyway your phone has GPRS but hasn't EDGE (=Enhanced GPRS).

Wind's data offers are for GPRS, EDGE and UMTS (through W-CDMA) connections.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#22)
HazelGirl (Offline)
Official Member

Default 08-06-2006, 00:03

ah okay. gotcha.

in the US: AT&T
in Italy: TIM
in France: Orange

Old
  (#23)
HazelGirl (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-06-2006, 23:08

Does this data lan include text messages or is it just use of the phone's web browser?

in the US: AT&T
in Italy: TIM
in France: Orange

Old
  (#24)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-06-2006, 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelGirl
Does this data lan include text messages or is it just use of the phone's web browser?
no, texts are not included.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#25)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 15-06-2006, 10:54

From today there are 2 new GPRS roaming agreements in 2 new countries:
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: Mobi's
- Tunisia: Tunisiana (Orascom)

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#26)
Anonymous

Default 15-06-2006, 11:31

For all those obtaining a WIND SIM card through Andrea or elsewhere and not fluent in Italian (I dont speak Italian myself), I thought a step-by-step guide could be helpful. Therefore, find below a report of my experience how I got everything working:

Once you receive the SIM card from Andrea

- Register at www.155.it
- If you want to recharge the SIM online via credit card, register at www.mondowind.it
- recharge your SIM
- activate the data option (e.g. "Mega No Limit")
- use the correct internet settings
- start surfing

It looks easy, but the way there is a bit long. For details, read on:

So, why register at www.155.it at all?
- overview and changing of your standing/master data (address, contracts, password etc.,)
- account overview (remaining credit balance on SIM, remaining Mega No Limit credit)
- overview and management of active services and options

How to register at 155.it:

- go to www.155.it
- on the top right, click on "Registrati" (=register)
- into the field "Numero die telefono" enter your new WIND phone number (e.g. 389/1234567)
- under "Codice Fiscale" you have to enter this code exactly as it was used when activating your SIM; without empty spaces. If you get your SIM from Andrea, you'll receive the "Codice Fiscale" from him (calculated on a site like www.comuni.it/servizi/codfisc/ ).
- on the bottom right, click on "Avanti"
- If you get the error message "Verifica che il numero di telefono sia inserito correttamente etc." this means you made a mistake in either the codice fiscale or the phone number - try again.
- Enter any login name you like
- the password is generated for you and sent via SMS to your WIND phone number. You'll receive an SMS "Ecco la tua passwor per accedere a 155.it ...". If you haven't received it after some time, you could also get it by calling the Italian number 800 915 815 (I didn't have to try this so I don't know how it works and if you have to use the country code +39)
- "Domanda Magica" is a "Magic Question" you will be asked to answer if you forget you password (e.g.: My favourity colour?)
- "Riposta magica" is the answer to this question (e.g.: red)
- enter a working e-mail address
- select "Acceto" (accept)
- continue with "Invia" (send)
- Then you'll be at step three. This one I cant remember and you can't go there any more once you are registered. Maybe someone else could complete this guide immediately after going through the registration himself.

How to use the main functions of the site:

- log in with your login name and password into "Area Clienti", the customer area. (click on "vai")
- Click on "Fai da te"
- under the item "I tuoi dati" you will find the your basic data which was used for registering you SIM with WIND:
Codice Cliente - customer number
Cognome - last name
Nome - first name
Codice Fiscale - your fictitious Italian tax number (see above)
Sesso - sex
Nato a - the country you were born in (in Italian language)
Nato il - date of birth
Residenza - a fictitious Italian address that was given to WIND when registering your SIM
Recapito Tel. - phone number under which WIND could reach you if there are any questions (could be your WIND phone number, any other phone number or just garbage)
under "Modifica i tuoi dati" you can change most of this data.

- under the item "Ricaricabile" you'll find the contract details (contract number, phone number, tarriff plan, date of activation, status)
- "Visualizza Opzioni e Servizi" offers an overview of the services and contract options (e.g. "Mega no Limit") activated for your SIM. You can activate options/services online by clicking on "Attivalo".
- "Dettaglio Chiamate" - "Mostra Elenco Chiamate" shows details about the last phone calls/data calls you made
- "Credito Disponibile" shows your remaining credit balance:
Questo il credito disponibile sulla tua linea prepagata Wind: 4,50 Euro - remaining credit on your SIM
Opzione Mega No Limit: il tuo credito residuo disponibile ?: 2.898,20 Euro - remaining credit for data calls under "Mega No Limit"

Registration at Mondowind

If you want to recharge your WIND SIM online using a credit card, this can be done at www.mondowind.it

- go to www.mondowind.it
- On the top right click on the icon "New" - Nuova Registratione
- "user name" select a user name you like
- "Nome" first name
- "Cognome" last name
- select a password
- "Conferma Password" password confirmation
- "Aiuto" password help
- Provincia, Citta, CAP, Professione, Et?: not obligatory - leave it empty
- "Sesso" sex
- "Cellulare" mobile phone number (not obligatory)
- 1. box: tick this box (you aggree to their privacy statement)
- 2. box: don't tick this box (Newsletter registration)
- there are three pairs of radio boxes -> select the first one of each pair
- click on "invia"
- On the next page, you should be greeted in Italian (Benvenuto ...).You are informed that you will receive an e-mail message containing information on how

to activate your account.
- Once you receive the e-Mail "Benvenuto in wind.it e mondowind on line!", click on the activation link it contains

Recharging your WIND SIM card over www.mondowind.it

- Return to www.mondowind.it
- on the top right, click on the lock symbol
- in the bottom right corner (Ricarica WIND) you can recharge your SIM: select "Mobile", the amount you want to recharge and enter your WIND phone number

twice; click on "ricarica".
- Attention: recharging via mondowind is not free. If you select 4 EUR, your card will be recharged with only 3 EUR. Here a short overview how much will remain of the recharging amount after the fee deduction: 10 EUR -> 8 EUR; 25 EUR -> 20 EUR; 45 EUR -> 40 EUR; 60-250 EUR: no fee!.
- You'll see an overview of your shopping basket. If you're happy -> "vai alla cassa"
- Enter your credit card data ("Mese di scadenza" - expiry month;"Anno di scadenza" - expiry year)
- click on "Prosequi"
- "Provincia di nascita" select ES
- "Luogo di nascita"select Provincia Estero
- "Data di nascita" enter your birth date
- "Codice fiscale" use the same codice fiscale that was used when activating your SIM / registering at www.155.it
- "Dati di residenza": enter the fake address on which your SIM is registered (you can see it in your www.155.it accout): via=street, provincia=province, comune=commune, CAP=Zip code
- "N. telefono per contatti" - telephone number where you could be contacted -> take the one that was also used in www.155.it
- click on "Prosegui"
- "Partita Iva*" - leave it empty; this is only for italian companies
- check all entries once more
- click on "Prosegui"

- Once you completed the order process, you should receive an e-mail as order confirmation with the subject "Conferma ordine ....."
- Once the amount has been credited to your SIM, you should get another confirmation message: "Conferma avvenuta ricarica, ordine ......."

Further steps:

- just log in to your www.155.it account now and check your balance. Then, if your credit is high enough, you can for example activate the Mega no Limit

option - either online or via SMS containing only MEGA SI which you send to 4533 (withouth country code; price for the SMS is 0,5 EUR). Deactivation is not

possible online, you just have to send an SMS with the text MEGA NO to 4533. You should receive an SMS confirming your request ("Gentile cliente, grazie per

la sua richiesta...". It will take some time until this option is activated (for me it took 2 hours, but it can be even a day). Once the option is activated,

you'll see a credit balance for data calls of EUR 3000,- in your www.155.it account. You should however wait for 155's confirmation SMS before making data calls ("Le abbiamo accreditato il bonus da utilizzare...". You should also receive an SMS from 155 when they charge your WIND credit balance with the 20 EUR for Mega no Limit ("La informiamo che abbiamo provveduto a scalare...").

Now you only need to use the correct internet settings and you can start surfing. This is how it worked on my PDA:
number to be called: *99***1#
DNS: leave empty
Username: leave epmpty
Password: leave epmpty
Dialing string: +CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.wind"

I hope this is useful for you!

greetings

Armin :bye2:

Old
  (#27)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 15-06-2006, 13:59

Fantastic job, Armin, I copy it in the guides section!

Old
  (#28)
andy_traveller (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 16-06-2006, 10:59

I have managed to top up online using the instructions above and which would have been impossible without them so thank you so much for them

Looking forwad to activating the mega no limit option very soon.

www.MobileChecker.com

... comparing mobile deals on the web to show you the best price!

Old
  (#29)
andy_traveller (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 19-06-2006, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by a76
- Then you'll be at step three. This one I cant remember and you can't go there any more once you are registered. Maybe someone else could complete this guide immediately after going through the registration himself.
Just to say having just gone though all of the above there is no step 3 as such as you are registered and can access the site by using the username you chose and the password you receive via SMS.

www.MobileChecker.com

... comparing mobile deals on the web to show you the best price!

Old
  (#30)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-06-2006, 20:42

Do the Wind data offers count per kb, ie if you use 5 kb you will only be billed for 5 kb and not like 10 kb or similar, like on some other gprs services where you're billed in 10 kb increments?