PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-03-2009, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by babble View Post
Yes, you can forward your Begian DID to the Solomo Voip account.
More precisely: You can forward your Belgian DID through the solomo VoIP account to your solomo SIM.

Quote:
Online you can set up your account to receive incoming calls either on your solomo mobile alone (5c/min), or on your solomo voip account alone (free), or on both simultaneously for 5c/min (but only pickup on one receiver).
You can set up parallel call, so VoIP and SIM will ring simultaneously if the solomo number is being called. But keep in mind, that the solomo VoIP account can't be registered multiply. So you can't use the VoIP account on your FritzBox and through Fring at once. Before you leave Belgium you need to decide wether you setup the VoIP account on your FritzBox to forward calls to the SIM or if you want to use the VoIP account with Fring.

Quote:
Each solomo pro account also has its own voip telephone number (with "98" in the middle) which you can give to people if you only want them to directly phone your voip telephone.
That's another interesting thing, I didn't realize. So when you are in Germany, you could call your VoIP-account on your FritzBox from your solomo SIM and so reach your family or setup callthrough for 5 ct/min. Just for clarification: Depending on what you configure online on the solomo website the solomo VoIP account will ring for both: your regular solomo mobile number and the additional VoIP-number (= username of the VoIP account).

Quote:
Naked voip over somolo/e-plus is banned, but technically possible. There are a few minor hurdles, but nothing complicated. I won´t give any details because the e-plus network is very, very overloaded at times. Just play around knowing that it is possible. Jump the hurdles!
Using VoIP over GPRS/EDGE/3G would only be cheaper than a callthrough-setup through the solomo VoIP-account + FritzBox if you use a VoIP codec, that generates less than 28 KBit/s (including up- AND downstream and overhead).

Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot. The solomo service is provided by vistream. In the solomo contract terms and conditions, you have to agree to the vistream terms and conditions, which include a clause allowing vistream to terminate all services after 3 months of account inactivity. No-one has ever reported that this clause has been used, but it is there nevertheless.
So far solomo hasn't cancelled account earlier than after 12 months of inactivity and I think it shouldn't be a problem to send a SMS every 3 months.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#12)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-03-2009, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by babble View Post
Tchibo uses the faster (than e+) O2 network. Tchibo has a cheap prepaid monthly data tariff. It´s something like 10 euros for 500MB/month.
Yes, but Tchibo charges in 400KB-increments. So those 500MB could be consumed faster than expected. So if you chose Tchibo, the flatrate for € 20 could be the better choice.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#13)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default More somolo voip info - 27-03-2009, 16:06

Yves,

Solomo does not yet allow incoming sip calls to their network. Calls cannot be forwarded using sip-URLs of the format: sip:01570*******@voip.solomo.de.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Answering calls to your solomo number by SIP client is always free.
No, this is incorrect. If parallel sim and voip calls are enabled (via the solomo account webpage), calls picked up on the voip device will cost 5c/min.

Old
  (#14)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-03-2009, 16:10

I'm using parallel call since it's introduction (solomo notified me personally minutes after it was activated) and I've answered a dozen incoming calls through VoIP, which were definitely not charged at all. If you were charged for parallel call, that's an error.
If you check your call history ("EVN solomo VoIP") on the solomo website, you'll notice, that there's not even a column for the cost in the incoming-table (ankommende Gespräche).

Old
  (#15)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Thank you Inquisitor - 27-03-2009, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
I'm using parallel call since it's introduction (solomo notified me personally minutes after it was activated) and I've answered a dozen incoming calls through VoIP, which were definitely not charged at all. If you were charged for parallel call, that's an error.
If you check your call history ("EVN solomo VoIP") on the solomo website, you'll notice, that there's not even a column for the cost in the incoming-table (ankommende Gespräche).
Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

PS Yves might be confused by all the voip information that we have been giving him. You assumed that he will use a FritzBox. I assumed that he would tie his DIDs/voip accounts together using voxalot, pbxes, etc.

Old
  (#16)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 27-03-2009, 18:03

Solomo pro is really great for receiving calls outside Europe!

With my Dutch Vodafone postpaid card I would euro 1,50 per minute to receive a call in Bolivia (for example).
With Solomo pro it would be, if I understand it correctly, euro 0,05 per minute to receive a call in Bolivia! (zone 1)
And for another euro 0,05 per minute I could then forward any number to my Solomo pro number, including a fixed Dutch number with my frizbox
which would make Solomo 15 times cheaper then Vodafone Netherlands.

Old
  (#17)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-03-2009, 18:59

Yes, you understood it correctly. You could set up a forwarding on your FritzBox, which would forward calls addressed to your Dutch DID number through the solomo VoIP account to your solomo SIM for € 0,05/min. Incoming calls in Bolivia would cost another € 0,05/min - so € 0,10/min in total. But those € 0,05/min in Bolivia are a rare exception (or maybe an error) - even in European countries incoming calls range between € 0,10-0,15/min and in other Latin American countries you'll pay way more (Brazil € 0,49/min, Colombia: € 1,99/min).

Last edited by inquisitor; 27-03-2009 at 19:08..

Old
  (#18)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 27-03-2009, 19:13

True. Then again everything below 1,45 is still cheaper then Vodafone. Because World (which is pretty much everywhere except Europe and Canada/USA) costs euro 1,50 per minute.

and only zone 7 is more then 1,45. The USA is that one, that is too bad.
But Autralia and Japan are also in zone 1. Although you would have Vodafone passport there as well.
It is also pretty useful for some African countries.

If I would use this to forward my fixed line to my mobile in the Netherlands, it would be 15 cent/minute. Which would be cheaper then forwarding to a Dutch mobile in the Netherlands.....

It is not perfect, but still pretty nice

Old
  (#19)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-03-2009, 19:19

With poivy.com you can reach Dutch mobiles for € 0,10/min. Since poivy.com supports SIP, you can also use them so setup a forwarding on your FritzBox to your Dutch mobile number. poivY

Old
  (#20)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default confused ? :-) - 28-03-2009, 09:12

Hi

Thank you all for your concern.
I think it's not worth all the hassle.
It's just for one week, and only 2 people I want to reach. So I think it's better that I call them on their fixed line at 9ct/min instead of them calling me at 23ct/min (what they are charged for calling a german mobile).
The global idea of cutting callcost is appealing, 1ct here, 1ct there...

The card is good enough for data.

Maybe I'll use the solomo card for voice, and the fonic card for data (and for the speed). That way I don't have to swap cards all the time.

As I said in my initial message, I like it simple, and I don't mind paying that extra cent.

Now I still have to figure out where exactly to buy the fonic card (closet to my destination) and we're all set.

Thank you all for you input !

Yves

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S