PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
drjhf (Offline)

Default 05-07-2006, 00:16

With all the valuable information on this forum, I was able while in Italy two weeks ago to buy and activate a Wind SIM for the Sony Ericsson I brought over, unlocked. I even generated my own Codice Fiscale, presented it to the Wind representative proudly, and registered the SIM. After that, back here, I was able to register with MondoWind, to recharge over the Web...but I cannot register with www.155.it. Using my phone number and the Codice Fiscale I provided the Wind rep, I get the error message on registration that one or the other is wrong. Perhaps they did not use my CF in the sales transaction.

Writing to Wind (Contact us) is like writing to the wind. Anyone have any thoughts or way to do that if I am not in Italy?

Thanks

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-07-2006, 01:06

very thorough detail about it on

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/inde...showtopic=1297

Old
  (#3)
drjhf (Offline)

Default 05-07-2006, 14:35

I had read this link carefully before. The apparent flaw that I cannot seem to work around is this: if the system will not accept the CF, I cannot proceed to do anything. If I am not registered and put in a login only (at the top of the screen), the system will not of course let me login without a password.

So how does one get them to send me a new password when I have no login on 155? Obviously MondoWind and 155 sites are not connected on a common database in terms of login/password.

Am I missing something obvious on the 155 site?

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-07-2006, 16:32

apologies, I haven't done it myself yet - I expect someone more helpful will be along soon

I'm just wondering about Andrea's remarks there about the CF ...

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-07-2006, 17:05

You should ask Andrea about the CF he used for the registration, sometimes there are problems and it doesn't accept it.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#6)
unobtrusive (Offline)
Official Member

Default 05-07-2006, 17:31

I have a WIND card that I bought about a year ago. I can sucessfully use it, top it up etc but when I try to register at www.155.it I get told that either the mobile number or the code fiscale I have enter is invalid.

Is there something quick and easy I can do to solve this?

The card was bought as new on ebay, I had to register it etc myself.

Old
  (#7)
drjhf (Offline)

Default 05-07-2006, 23:29

Nice to know that I am not alone in this dilemma. Anyone have any idea about how to contact customer service at Wind? Their web form for contact works, but they do not reply. And to contact customer service through 155.it, you have to be registered.

Catch 22 - or maybe Catch 155.

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-07-2006, 09:41

I think there are registration problems, you can try to call *124*155#, it's free also outside Italy, but I fear it will be hard if you don't speak Italian.

Buying an Italian sim on eBay almost always give these problems. Buying it in Italy in a shop shouldn't, if the shop-assistant knows what to do with foreign people (most don't).

If tel number and CF don't correspont there's NO WAY to register on 155.it. Probably the dealer had problems with your "homemade" CF and used another, without telling you. Of course you cannot know this CF and so cannot register to 155.it.

The only way is to call *124*155# but also if you speak perfect Italian I'm not sure they will tell you the CF used for the registration.

You can tell me your numbers and details on PM, then I can try to contact the customer service, but since I'm not you they won't ever give me any information, due to privacy law. But I know a person who works at 155, hoping he's not on holidays, so I can ask.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#9)
drjhf (Offline)

Default 07-07-2006, 15:53

For those following this thread, I did resolve the www.155.it registration (with some help from this forum's administrator). It turned out that the official WIND store in Florence that sold me the SIM paid no attention to the Codice Fiscale that I had so cleverly generated on the Web using EE or ES (I do not recall) as foreign residence - and instead created one for me based on my passport that they copied and my casual comment that I was staying at X hotel!

Putting in that CF produced an instant registration and several wonderful SMS messages from my new friends at WIND. And the www.155.it site has a full range of information, including Web recharge, well beyond the MondoWind site.

The moral of the story is:

Ask the WIND clerk when you buy a SIM what CF they will enter into their system - whether they intend to use one that you generated as a foreigner or one that they generate.

If you buy from Andrea on this Forum, he will handle those issues.

If you buy from Ebay, you may end up with a piece of plastic that cannot be registered.

Old
  (#10)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 07-07-2006, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjhf
Ask the WIND clerk when you buy a SIM what CF they will enter into their system - whether they intend to use one that you generated as a foreigner or one that they generate.
Great

Quote:
If you buy from Andrea on this Forum, he will handle those issues.
Yes, sometimes it's hard for me too but usually i can help you

Quote:
If you buy from Ebay, you may end up with a piece of plastic that cannot be registered.
Sad, but true...

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG