PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-11-2006, 10:33

CallbackWorld is testing a new carrier (Ezcore) as an augmentation to the trouble plagued Dialthru carrier. Their listed price for calling FL mobiles is really high >60c/min but I was wondering if anyone has tested the system to see what is really charged to UM? If no one has tested it yet, is there someone with a UM SIM in a free-incoming area that I could make a short test call to? Just PM me and we'll set up a time.

Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 14-11-2006, 12:41

How do you know about the new higher rate? On their site I still see 14cents/min

Old
  (#3)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-11-2006, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion
How do you know about the new higher rate? On their site I still see 14cents/min
Barry set me up with an account on the Ezcore system for purposes of testing it. This is not a replacement for the current Dialthru carrier but rather an alternative. My primary interest in this system is that they have more toll-free access numbers around the world than Dialthru does.

If you look at the information on the CBW website, they have actually been able to set up accounts with a variety of carriers all along, they just mostly used Dialthru. The Dialthru rate for FL mobiles is still 14c/min.

I was just curious to see if the actual rate Ezcore charges to a UM/Riiing card is as high as the quoted rate. There have been a number of under billings discovered on other systems.

Old
  (#4)
Steverino3006 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 15-11-2006, 12:47

If you look at the information on the CBW website, they have actually been able to set up accounts with a variety of carriers all along, they just mostly used Dialthru. The Dialthru rate for FL mobiles is still 14c/min.

Where is this on their website??

Old
  (#5)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-11-2006, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino3006
Where is this on their website??
Barry made it clear when he set up the account for me that this system was under evaluation. So, I'm just sort of helping him test it. He did this when I asked about toll-free access lines in more countries than Dialthru offered. Please don't bug him about this system. It is just one of several alternative solutions he offers.

Here is the rate calculator:
http://www.callbackworld.com/ezcor_rates.htm

Anyway, I'd still like to test this system calling a UM mobile to see if it really costs as much as is listed.

Old
  (#6)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-11-2006, 13:42

You can call this number 423 663 099 911

It is UM customer care. You can ask them something about UM (whatever!)

I am curious as to what you expect. If the advertised rate is that whywould you expect something different?

P.S. I have seen something interesting in the web page of EZcor:

And get a callback from any phone that sends its caller ID

Old
  (#7)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-11-2006, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion
And get a callback from any phone that sends its caller ID
With Ezcore you get a single callback trigger number. You then register a list of calling numbers. If any of the registered numbers calls the callback trigger, it will receive the callback. Frankly I don't much care for this because I often trigger with one phone when I want a callback to another. And if your triggering phone does not provide caller ID, that makes it kind of tough.

On the other hand they have a very detailed SMS/e-mail trigger system and many more toll free access lines than Dialthru.

Old
  (#8)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 16-11-2006, 03:50

Don, what countries arre you looking for for toll free dialing? Does it matter whether the calls come through a local regional (e.g. not premium rate) number? If so, have you looked at Sipbroker's free dialthru numbers for a number of countries for voip. It would be child's play to forward one of those numbers to a US 800 number for free using a service such as voxalot.

Old
  (#9)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-11-2006, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Don, what countries arre you looking for for toll free dialing? Does it matter whether the calls come through a local regional (e.g. not premium rate) number? If so, have you looked at Sipbroker's free dialthru numbers for a number of countries for voip. It would be child's play to forward one of those numbers to a US 800 number for free using a service such as voxalot.
It really started out with my asking about more PIN2DEST toll-free access countries. The conversation then sort of transmogrified into this new system he was testing.

I really don't know anything about Sipbroker and voxalot.

Old
  (#10)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-11-2006, 22:55

I'm sorry to have to report that my 2 minute call was spot on the money at $1.30. Looks like Ezcore is out of the question for use with UM/Riiing.