Quote:
Originally Posted by dario View Post
Dear Sirs,

I thank you for this opportunity.

For my temporaneous permanence in Greece, I would use this offer:

WIND ADSM CLOCK
WIND HELLAS
100 hours = 30 euro

However I have not understood if I can use this offer with a prepaid card without contract, month for month, without to be compelled to acquire a netbook, usbkey or other product.

I would connect to Internet only through my mobile phone and notebooke.

mCould you help me to understand that?

Many thanks in advance,

Dario
Hi Dario, no this plan is only for postpaid customers with a contract, as you can see on the link you've posted.

The only possible prepaid plans of all 3 Greek mobile operators, are those written on my previous post, 3-4 posts before yours.

Old
  (#72)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-10-2009, 21:03

I'm back in the UK and have updated my page about using Cosmote My View’n'Web here:

Greek Internet Weather Yacht Vigdis

All comments and corrections welcome. Use the 'contact' email address on the blog or PM me here (or on YBW - same username).

I think that some people will be put off using this service because I do not describe how to use it under Windows, or with an HSPA modem - a 'dongle'. If anyone who has done so feels like writing and maintaining a page on how to tether and configure it with Windows (XP, Vista, 7) I'd be happy to refer to or include it - though personally I would hesitate to connect Windows to the internet on such a limited-data-volume service: it's hard to prevent programs updating over the internet.

Old
  (#73)
nomad (Offline)

Arrow Experiences with WIND prepay internet in summer 2009 - 16-10-2009, 20:52

Here are my experiences with WIND prepay internet in Greece during the summer of 2009.

Internet everywhere in Greece with a laptop

Cheers!
Nomad
----------------------------
Overland by 4x4 truck in Asia and the Middle-East

Old
  (#74)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 08-11-2009, 16:29

Prepaid cell/mobile phone cards in Greece – Registration begins

Old
  (#75)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-02-2010, 11:08

For those who will travel in Greece, Q-mobile offers 1GB of free data until end of March. You don't have to do anything to activate the offer as long as you've got a Q-mobile prepaid card.

The internet settings are:

Profile: Q Internet
APN: myq
(everything else leave it blank)

Old
  (#76)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-03-2010, 12:36

An update of my older post about the currently available data plans/offers in Greece and their new prices (recently the Greek value added tax was increased from 19 to 21%).

COSMOTE

1. Data plan "MyView'n'Web", WAP (with proxy), 4,07€/month, 40MB volume included, 0.0121€/ΚΒ afterwards.

All the details are covered on the excellent guide of DaveRo here: Greek Internet Weather Yacht Vigdis
or in Greek here: COSMOTE: /COSMOTE my view/???????? (??????????)

Note:
After subscribing to the plan, you get 40MB free, valid for the first 15 days.

================================================

VODAFONE

1. Data plan "Surf & Email 30", Internet (no proxy), 3.5€/month, 30MB volume included, 0.0009€/ΚΒ afterwards.

Note: The first month is free.

Details (in English) here: Vodafone.gr - Pricing & Bundles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Data Plan "Unlimited Music & Internet", Internet (no proxy), 7.99€/month, 100MB volume included.

More info (in English) here: Vodafone.gr - Music

Note:
It is possible to register only for the 100MB/mo Internet (no music) in case you don't have one of the phones listed on the above link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Data Plan "Vodafone on Demand", Internet (no proxy), 19€/10-days, 10GB volume included

Notes: The Starter Pack costs 49€ with USB Modem or 19€ without a modem. Both starter packs offer free access to the Internet for 10 days and 10GB. You can also buy sessions for 2, 8, 24 and 48 hours but the 10-day session is by far the cheapest.

More info (in English) here: Vodafone.gr - Vodafone Mobile Broadband on Demand

================================================

WIND

1. Data Plan "Wind Plus WAP", WAP (with proxy), 4.06€/month, 40MB volume included, 0.0121€/ΚΒ afterwards.

Activation by sending the word "PLUS" to 19349.

Notes:
The plan is renewed automatically every month. If you don't want that send the word "STOP" to 19349. Also, to check your used volume and expiration date, send the word "CHECK" to 19349.

Info (only in Greek) here: WIND PLUS

2. Data Plan "Wind Plus Internet", Internet (no proxy), 4.06€/month, 40MB volume included, 0.5€/MΒ afterwards.

Notes: This exactly the same plan like the above, but is highly recommended over the previous one. The first advantage is that it uses the Internet APN and not the WAP APN, but the biggest advantage is the charging of the data after the included volume of 40MB, is 0.5€/MΒ instead of 12.4€/MΒ!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Data Plan "prepaid ADSM Non-Stop", Internet (no proxy), 14.23€/7-days, 12GB volume included (or 7.11€/2-days, 3GB volume included)

Notes: The two plans called NS2 (for 2 days) and NS7 (for 7 days) they actually give you almost 3 and 8 days respectively. For example, if you activate the NS2 on Monday morning, it expires at 12 midnight of Wednesday. Currently, there is an offer Starter Pack which includes 2 weeks of free internet and USB Modem for 49€.

Info in English here:
WIND HELLAS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Limited data offer: Internet (no proxy), 0€/month, 1.5GB volume included

For those who will visit Greece before 4 April 2010, or those who already have a Wind prepaid card, there is an offer of 1.5GB/month without any requirement. Just send a a blank SMS to 1245.

More info and discussion here.

=================================================

Q-mobile

1. Data Option "1500", Internet (no proxy), 1€/month, 100MB volume included, 1€/MB afterwards

Notes: Activation by sending "1500" to 12200. Remaining data check by sending "υπ1500" to 12200 (not sure if "yp1500" works as well) or calling 12200. The data option can be activated up to 4 times each month, giving you 400MB in total for 4€.

Info (only in Greek) here: 1500 ??? 1500

Old
  (#77)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-03-2010, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
4. Limited data offer: Internet (no proxy), 0€/month, 1.5GB volume included

For those who will visit Greece before 4 April 2010, or those who already have a Wind prepaid card, there is an offer of 1.5GB/month without any requirement. Just send a a blank SMS to 1245.

More info and discussion here.
I can't edit my previous post, so I have to make a new post about an important update of the quoted offer.

For registrations to the offer between 23 March and 30 April, the available free data is reduced from 1.GB to 100MB/month.

More info here: WIND HELLAS

Old
  (#78)
Big_Nige (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-04-2010, 20:11

For my usage, I think I need to sign up for the VMB 300MB package again. They have it on special offer until 30/04/2010.

Does anyone know if this can be done from outside Greece?

Old
  (#79)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-04-2010, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Nige View Post
For my usage, I think I need to sign up for the VMB 300MB package again. They have it on special offer until 30/04/2010.

Does anyone know if this can be done from outside Greece?
By "again", do you mean that you've subscribed on that data plan in the past while living outside Greece?

I'm asking because this is not a prepaid plan. It's a postpaid tariff under 12-month contract (for contracts with subsidy) which usually means that in order to subscribe you need a Greek address of residence, a Greek value added tax identification number and a Greek Bank account or debit/credit card for the monthly payments.

I could be wrong on the above, but you can contact Vodafone Greece for more information at +306944403830 (full contact details here).

Old
  (#80)
Big_Nige (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-04-2010, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
... It's a postpaid tariff... in order to subscribe you need a Greek address of residence, a Greek value added tax identification number and a Greek Bank account or debit/credit card for the monthly payments.
That's what the man in the Vodafone shop said, until I showed him the email from Vodafone Customer Services who said otherwise. Yes, I had this plan for a few months last year: address at a marina, no tax number, UK credit card.

The only downside is that without an AFM you can't log-in to check your bill etc, so this year I plan to get one.

Tags
cosmote, greece gprs, vodafone gr, wind gr