PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
dssxxxx (Offline)

Default 08-08-2006, 19:37

I wil be visiting Italy in a month and also Tanzania.

Should I buy a 900/1800/1900 phone from eBay and then buy SIM cards in each location or should I buy a 900/1800/1900 phone when I arrive in Italy? I will need to call into my office daily and once I finish traveling (total 24 days), I will probably not be traveling abroad (retiring to FL) anymore.

Thanks.

Old
  (#2)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 08-08-2006, 22:04

Possibly. Look at the International SIM card options as well. I'm pretty sure that United Mobile offers free incoming in Italy, Tanzania, and Kenya. I only mention Kenya since you will probably have to transit through Kenya when travelling to and from Tanzania. If you combine the SIM card with a callbackworld, you have $0.14 a minute to the US from both locations and a common phone number in both places.

You should be careful with your slang on an international forum. FL is the country code for Lichtenstein and the State abbreviation for Florida. I presume you mean Florida from the context.

Stu

Old
  (#3)
dssxxxx (Offline)

Default 08-08-2006, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
You should be careful with your slang on an international forum. FL is the country code for Lichtenstein and the State abbreviation for Florida. I presume you mean Florida from the context.

Stu
I'm not sure........perhaps retirement to Lichtenstein would not be too bad....

I'll do some checking on United Mobile.

Thanks.

Old
  (#4)
Andytel (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 10-08-2006, 19:21

If you're really retiring to Liecthenstein, then buy a Riing/UM sim card and register it on its home network when you come back from Tanzania, so you can get a Liechtenstein phone number in advance... B)

Old
  (#5)
adventure

Default 14-08-2006, 15:07

I was in Tanzania with UM for calls its ok, but SMS is not possible (in Zanzibar no roaming with UM so i buy a new celltel simcard for 2USD )