PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-02-2006, 15:20

Looks like Telestial put up a new international SIM card called Explorer for $39 US plus postage. Telestial Explorer Has some countries I don't commonly see on a world sim like the British Virgin Islands, New Zealand, Tokelau, etc. Some prices are very good (Bermuda at .45 US$ outgoing and free incoming is very cheap and might be because Cingular Bermuda sold out to Digicel). Others like the British Virgin Islands at $3 US outgoing are very pricey(but I think this is on par with what T-Mobile USA charges their postpaid customers).

Looking up the +372 country code they say the sim has for incoming, the SIM card appears to be based in Estonia.

If the Bermuda rate is correct, I might order it just for that country alone!

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-02-2006, 16:17

It looks exactly like Travelsim, which has free incoming calls in the US Virgin Islands.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-02-2006, 16:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
It looks exactly like Travelsim, which has free incoming calls in the US Virgin Islands.
You are correct, it appears to be a rebranded TravelSim(same rates and countries). Telestial must have bought a lot of cards because the TravelSim online manual says "1.3. Branding With orders of more than 1000 TravelSIM start packages it is possible to replace the standard layout of the TravelSIM with an on corporate identity (own logo and other advertising messages can be branded on the TravelSIM), thus further enhancing marketing potential.."

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#4)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-02-2006, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
It looks exactly like Travelsim
Yes, exactly the same sky-high rates for Argentina and Mexico - I'm not aware of any more expensive way to make mobile calls from those countries!

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice

Old
  (#5)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-02-2006, 01:26

Leave it to Teleistal to try to make as much money as they can from uninformed travelers. They have now stop selling HOP. Please let me pay 3 times as much for a simcard.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#6)
kinggdogg (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-02-2006, 13:59

Callbackworld is US .22/min to Estonia +372. It is the cheapest I have found... anyone else? kall8 is .55 and enlinea is .27

Old
  (#7)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-02-2006, 22:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter
Leave it to Teleistal to try to make as much money as they can from uninformed travelers. They have now stop selling HOP. Please let me pay 3 times as much for a simcard.
I know some of their markups were/are high. HOWEVER, need to give them credit - ordered an Argentina card from them for a phone i "gave" my brother who was going there on business this past month. Price was very reasonable. Shipping was 2 days.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#8)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 08-02-2006, 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday
Yes, exactly the same sky-high rates for Argentina and Mexico - I'm not aware of any more expensive way to make mobile calls from those countries!
I "smell" Nextel roaming .

I remember that Nextel roaming rates in Argetina were once the highest among roaming rates of Polish operators.
Just started checking the current rates and already found some which are higher.
Tomorrow I can give more details.

Notice also the Travelsim incoming rate for Peru....

Old
  (#9)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-02-2006, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
I "smell" Nextel roaming .

I remember that Nextel roaming rates in Argetina were once the highest among roaming rates of Polish operators.
Just started checking the current rates and already found some which are higher.
Tomorrow I can give more details.

Notice also the Travelsim incoming rate for Peru....
Plus GSM postpaid roaming on Nextel networks (at exchange rate 3.82 PLN/EUR, 22% VAT included).

Argentina
incoming calls - 4.87 EUR + Polish national rate (tariff-dependent about 0.18-0.19 EUR)
international calls 5.82 EUR
national calls 2.87 EUR

Mexico
incoming calls - 4.37 EUR + Polish national rate (tariff-dependent about 0.18-0.19 EUR)
international calls 3.61-4.85 EUR
national calls 2.53-2.37 EUR