PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Can't reach UM, can't reach my UM UK number, no reply to e-mail - 18-03-2009, 16:28

Is it just me? I e-mailed UM a week ago about a balance transfer and haven't received a reply. I just tried calling my UM+ (UK number) and can't reach it with any carrier - when I call I hear a ringing, but the phone itself doesnt' ring.

I've also tried calling UM on their UK number and can't get through at all.

Anyone else having this problem? Is your SIM working?

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
depee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-03-2009, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
Is it just me? I e-mailed UM a week ago about a balance transfer and haven't received a reply. I just tried calling my UM+ (UK number) and can't reach it with any carrier - when I call I hear a ringing, but the phone itself doesnt' ring.

Thanks!
Hi,

My UM+ SIM is working in Germany without problems. The SIM is connected to the Vodafone DE network.

I've also sent an email to UM for about one week and I don't have an answer.

Regards,

Detlef

Old
  (#3)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-03-2009, 20:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by depee View Post
Hi,

My UM+ SIM is working in Germany without problems. The SIM is connected to the Vodafone DE network.

I've also sent an email to UM for about one week and I don't have an answer.

Regards,

Detlef
Thanks! Maybe it is a network problem with Rogers right now - I'll try again later.

I appreciate your response

Old
  (#4)
kupe (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-04-2009, 16:07

Quote:
Is it just me? I e-mailed UM a week ago about a balance transfer and haven't received a reply....
Anyone else having this problem? Is your SIM working?

Thanks!
Kaydee-

I also have several support tickets open with UM as well- including a balance transfer request like you. I also haven't heard anything in over a week. Something strange going on at UM for sure- they recently stopped offering any +423 sims.

Kupe

Old
  (#5)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-04-2009, 19:17

I cant make calls with my United Mobile Sim at the moment, but incoming is OK and texting OK. Managed to get hold of support who said they have a problem that they are working on.

Old
  (#6)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 01-04-2009, 21:08

I haven't been able to make calls for two weeks and still no reply to any of my tickets

None of my regular long distance carriers will terminate calls to +423 anymore due to "security problems" so I guess I'll be moving on from UM soon...

Old
  (#7)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 01-04-2009, 22:20

I used them just fine in the Netherlands.

Old
  (#8)
myonlymobile (Offline)

Default 02-04-2009, 12:40

I have been having problems reaching the UM+ SIM for incoming calls. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. SMS seems to be working.

Please send me an IM if you need a way to call +423-6 numbers, I have a route that is fairly reliable at US$0.19/min.

Old
  (#9)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-04-2009, 15:56

Quote:
None of my regular long distance carriers will terminate calls to +423 anymore due to "security problems" so I guess I'll be moving on from UM soon...
That seems pretty lame. Liechtenstein is a legitimate country. I've visited Vaduz personally. It ain't big, but it's real and it's a pretty civilized place.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#10)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-04-2009, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
That seems pretty lame. Liechtenstein is a legitimate country. I've visited Vaduz personally. It ain't big, but it's real and it's a pretty civilized place.
In the U.S., many LD carriers stopped handling calls to +423 mobiles starting 2 or more years ago. i think the problem was complaints fom customers about the HIGH prices/charges that showed up on their bills.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.