PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#51)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-10-2010, 14:14

Thanks a lot, I visited the ATT web and I do have a US based credit card so activation no problem. Also on ebay is possible to buy new ATT micro sim for Ipad so that to have it ready on arrival. I take once the activated ATT micro sim in in Ipad is possible in US to purchase those plans on Ipad itself.
One question, I need to activate the new ATT sim while in US as it has no coverage in Europe, or I can activate in while in Europe online without putting the sim into the Ipad. And what would be he website to activate the sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
That's correct. There is also information on AT&T's site. You do need a credit card, and I'm guessing it would need to be attached to a U.S. address, so this plan would be difficult for non-residents to take advantage of.

Old
  (#52)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-10-2010, 14:22

Do you know if this tmobile offer for data on pre paid sim would work on new iphone or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
I believe this is simply an add-on for Pay-As-You-Go voice customers. It would not be available without an existing plan. However, you could pay $10 for 30 minutes of prepaid voice (available for 90 days), and then get the data for $1.49 per day additional. I don't know whether this could be used with a smartphone or data device.

Old
  (#53)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-10-2010, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingelli View Post
Thanks a lot, I visited the ATT web and I do have a US based credit card so activation no problem. Also on ebay is possible to buy new ATT micro sim for Ipad so that to have it ready on arrival. I take once the activated ATT micro sim in in Ipad is possible in US to purchase those plans on Ipad itself.
One question, I need to activate the new ATT sim while in US as it has no coverage in Europe, or I can activate in while in Europe online without putting the sim into the Ipad. And what would be he website to activate the sim?
You could try this site: https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/ but I can't guarantee that it would work. Also, AT&T sells replacement SIMs on its website, but I don't know whether they would ship to a foreign address. They are $15, but cheaper on eBay. If you have an iPad and a U.S. address, there should be no problem activating it right on the iPad. You need not just a U.S. based credit card, but a physical billing/service address in the U.S. I believe.

Old
  (#54)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-10-2010, 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingelli View Post
Do you know if this tmobile offer for data on pre paid sim would work on new iphone or not?
Is it unlocked? If so, I believe any SIM would work. However, I don't believe the iPhone would use 3G on T-Mobile's network, as that network operates at a different frequency (1700 & 2100).