PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Yackie Mobile (New features, Same old company) - 20-08-2007, 22:00

I never read much about Yackie Mobile on these forums as it was something that never interested me, but for one reason or another, what they offered on their website like local phone number, free calls to its IOM based number for the SIM, global data roaming, etc..

I made the order on 26th July 2007, then regreted that i ever made the order for 99 USD, when i read what was said about Yackie Mobile on these forums.

Then on the 07th August 2007 i get an email saying that the SIM will be delayed til after 13th August 2007, this is the first contact from them as the Live Help on the website didn't help much, the telephone numbers for customer service got nowhere and emails where not replied to, with no way of tracking what happen to order on the website.

Today the 20th August 2007 i get post from France containing my Yackie Mobile SIM and nothing else, no instruction, no information for my account, nothing !!

I find they have no longer use a UK based SIM card, they seem to be using 09 Mobile rebrand. I say this because my 09 Mobile is +354 380 38x xxx and the Yackie Mobile is +354 380 38x xxx, also all 09 Mobile branding is removed from the SIM's software replaced with "Roaming Services" expect the customer services number is +3545850909 which is 09 Mobile's customer service centre

Receiving calls have not been possible yet

Looks like it is SMS enabled but have not been able to try this yet, only receive balance by text from a +41 number which is different from the way 09 Mobile tells you your balance

Don't know what my local number is yet

Don't know how or if data roaming is available or settings for it

My bonus 69 USD credit is missing

Since no calls can be receive, only made, i don't if calls are FREE to the +354 380 38x xxx number

Tried sending them an email, so i'll see what happens from now

Old
  (#2)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-08-2007, 22:06

The day afterwards United Mobile brought out their UM+ service, even with all the problems they have had, i've nothing like worsning experience i've had with Yackie Mobile so far

Old
  (#3)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-08-2007, 22:33

Found a carrier that incoming calls to this card will work on, only problem is the incoming Caller ID is screwed up

All start *+ then how much ever of the number missing

For example +441132925555 usually looks something like *+292555

Old
  (#4)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-08-2007, 22:36

Agree the new UM+ service was a little glitchy to start, but at least customer service is friendly and they quickly fixed an activation problem I had with my new sim chip (SMS initially worked but not voice) and they also patiently explained their new PayPal billing system to me (wanted to used a different credit card than I had used in the past).

On Yackie Mobile, their service unfortunately sounds like it is "not fit for purpose". Agree there have been too many complaints about Yackie so I've never gotten their sim chip. If they can't quickly rectify the problems you have, you may want to consider contacting your bank to dispute their charges, and also relevant consumer protection authorities.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#5)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-08-2007, 22:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
On Yackie Mobile, their service unfortunately sounds like it is "not fit for purpose". Agree there have been too many complaints about Yackie so I've never gotten their sim chip. If they can't quickly rectify the problems you have, you may want to consider contacting your bank to dispute their charges, and also relevant consumer protection authorities.
If i get no reply or progress by close of business tomorrow then i will definately be speaking to my bank and escalulate a complaint to Ofcom (Telecoms Regulator for United Kingdom, IOM, Channel Islands, etc..)

Old
  (#6)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-08-2007, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keighleyboy View Post
a complaint to Ofcom (Telecoms Regulator for United Kingdom, IOM, Channel Islands, etc..)
I can't see how Ofcom could be involved with a SIM that has an Icelandic number and no UK (nor IOM) office. They don't regulate foreign communication services that happen to get mailed to a UK address.

If it was an IOM number (07624/07924), the regulator is the Isle of Man Communications Commission, not Ofcom. But it's not.

Doesn't sound like Yackie have any sort of working service yet. Dispute the charge if they don't offer a refund soon. (BTW, SMS has never worked with 09, so unlikely to do so with this if it is a white label version of 09).

Old
  (#7)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-08-2007, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday View Post
I can't see how Ofcom could be involved with a SIM that has an Icelandic number and no UK (nor IOM) office. They don't regulate foreign communication services that happen to get mailed to a UK address.

If it was an IOM number (07624/07924), the regulator is the Isle of Man Communications Commission, not Ofcom. But it's not.

Doesn't sound like Yackie have any sort of working service yet. Dispute the charge if they don't offer a refund soon. (BTW, SMS has never worked with 09, so unlikely to do so with this if it is a white label version of 09).
I was curious because on 09 Mobile you get you balance by callback on this Yackie Mobile (09 Mobile rebrand) you get your balance by SMS sent to the handset

Thanks for the legal info about Ofcom

Old
  (#8)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-08-2007, 23:52

The SIM card just seems to be a 09 Mobile SIM card which has a USD balance instead of the normal EURO balance found on 09 Mobile SIM cards, nothing Yackie Mobile about the card yet feature wise

Old
  (#9)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-08-2007, 00:16

One good thing for the card so far is it is an 09 Mobile based card that will send and receive SMS all using the same number +354 380 38x xxx

Last edited by Keighleyboy; 21-08-2007 at 00:35.. Reason: correction

Old
  (#10)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-08-2007, 00:19

Callback is strange, instead of hearing a dial tone, or like with the IOM sims voice prompts with dialing tone you just hear hold music, which makes hard to know if the person you are calling is engaged, not-working, etc.. till the call at the other is picked up, it is like you are calling blind not knowing what is happening to the status of the call