PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Talking Dreaming of a white Easter.... - 25-03-2008, 00:31

.... and dreams came true

Easter Monday 24.03.2008 09:00 CET - a view from my window (it's a street you can sen on the top of my avatar ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img013.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	18  

Old
  (#2)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-03-2008, 03:28

Nothing so spectacular but I just dragged the norfolk island pine and night blooming cereus back inside because we are expecting 2 C tonight. There's an old saying around here about not planting your tomatoes before Easter. This year that's way to soon.

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-03-2008, 07:53

yeah... we have more snow now than during the whole winter.... lovely.... was stuck on the highway for hours cause come brains already put summer tires on.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-03-2008, 10:32

not many people in the UK have winter tyres

I know someone who visited southern Germany years ago and had snow in the first week of May

In the UK in 1976, one of the hottest summers for a while, a cricket test match had to be stopped in June when a heavy snow shower covered the pitch

Old
  (#5)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-03-2008, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
There's an old saying around here about not planting your tomatoes before Easter. This year that's way to soon.
Excellent saying. Considering that Easter can occur any day from 22nd March to 25th April (35-days period), performing any agricultural/horticultural activities which depend on its date is a bit crazy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
yeah... we have more snow now than during the whole winter.... lovely.... was stuck on the highway for hours cause come brains already put summer tires on.

Chris
Yes, so much snow in the end of March isn't that unusal in central Europe - but it's funny when Easter (in fact very early this year) is much whiter than Christmas .

Old
  (#6)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-03-2008, 15:44

Here in Saskatchewan, Canada, we don't plant our tomatoes until the Victoria Day weekend (the weekend containing the last Monday in May), and even then it's sometimes too early.

Yesterday it was 10 C. This morning there is snow on the ground and it's going down to -14 tonight, yet it's supposed to be 8 on Thursday again.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#7)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-03-2008, 16:31

This all reinforces why I am moving to Spain!

(Better Tomatoes off course!)

Old
  (#8)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-03-2008, 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Yesterday it was 10 C. This morning there is snow on the ground and it's going down to -14 tonight, yet it's supposed to be 8 on Thursday again.
Hmmm...here in "the tropics" the high yesterday was +4C and it only got down to -6C last night. We've already broken the all-time record for snow this year but there is "up to" 10cm falling now.

Of course it could be a lot worse

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#9)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-03-2008, 19:19

Resolute!! One place I do not want to be sent though I keep hearing threats! One of my friends ended up in Yellowknife. I guess it gets nippy enough there too. Not quite tomato growing weather!

By the way, I know now you've been doing this a long time, but until now I hadn't really realised you Canadians had gone Centigrade too! I suppose like here in the UK some of the older ones still think Fahrenheit though?

Old
  (#10)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-03-2008, 20:56

We've used Celsius since 1978. Some older people still use Fahrenheit, but not many.

Even in my part of southern Canada it can get down to -40 (which is the same in either scale ) but the summers are quite warm, even hot by British standards. Temperatures in the high 30s are not that unusual in midsummer.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.