PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-03-2007, 22:02

In the event my friend topped up the card at a café and I was able to cancel PASS. I then successfully tested topup from the UK using an O2 voucher - so I can use that method now that I cannnot use a UK credit card via mondowind. So that's OK - provided I can stay in credit.

But I notice that I can't use a 'local' topup voucher from France; does anyone know why?

Old
  (#12)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 15-03-2007, 08:11

The "abroad-topup" service works only in the country where you buy the top-up. So if you get an O2 UK top-up you'll be able to use it in the UK only. The same applies to Germany, Ireland and so on...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#13)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-03-2007, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
The "abroad-topup" service works only in the country where you buy the top-up.
Yes, but my point is that you can't buy a top up voucher in France - which given the proximity of the countries seems odd. (I will be sailing between Corsica and Sardinia - hence my interest.)

Here is the list of countries
# One Connect, Austria
# Sonofon, Danimarca
# O2, Germania, Irlanda e Regno Unito
# Amena, Spagna
# Pannon, Ungheria
# Telenor, Norvegia
# Sunrise, Svizzera

Dave

Old
  (#14)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 15-03-2007, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
Yes, but my point is that you can't buy a top up voucher in France - which given the proximity of the countries seems odd. (I will be sailing between Corsica and Sardinia - hence my interest.)
Dave
The networks have to members of the Starmap Mobile Alliance, I guess there simply isn't one in France.

Old
  (#15)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-03-2007, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landis View Post
The networks have to members of the Starmap Mobile Alliance...
Ah. I wondered what this bunch had in common. But I read that Starmap is falling or has fallen apart, so I guess this international topup facility is unlikely to be extended and might even be withdrawn.

I need an alliance of operators in France, Italy, Croatia, Greece and Turkey, please.

Old
  (#16)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 15-03-2007, 20:54

Well, since you have a friend in Italy, maybe Effendi can tell you how to top up WIND Cards through an italian bank account. Should work via Online Banking afaik. Italian vouchers should work outside of Italy too, so maybe you should buy a few to be on the safe side when you're traveling in a country w/o a Starmap network.

Old
  (#17)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-03-2007, 07:18

You cannot recharge through bank account. Only with credit card on Mondowind.it, but it works very badly with non Italian cards. You can buy some scratch cards while you are in Italy and then use them wherever you are, just dialing *124*4242#, for free.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#18)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 01-04-2007, 15:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
Ah. I wondered what this bunch had in common. But I read that Starmap is falling or has fallen apart, so I guess this international topup facility is unlikely to be extended and might even be withdrawn.
Yestarday i used my 02UK simcard in Italy and they still have the feature to refill thought a Wind scratchcard

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG