PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#41)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-03-2016, 21:28

NL and GB (and D) work just fine. I'm writing this via a Huawei 3G modem on Vodafone UK, and the speeds are just fine - there are no obvious latency issues. So far I haven't had to change the settings on any device (other than to choose manual network selection) and they've worked - no need to change the APN to "internet". Even if this offer may soon be price-hiked out of existence, it's working right now. I'll be back in PL in a few weeks and am looking forward to trying it out on all the networks there (though admittedly it'll be more expensive than e.g. Virgin Mobile 25 PLN/10 GB).

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#42)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-03-2016, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lover08 View Post
some update:
from 1st April terms will be changed.
France will be added. But the deal feel like home will be valid for 7 days (not for 30 days) in countries included in the deal. They also told that will change tariff rates for deal countries and they will add more countries to this deal in near future
New update will be available on 1st April
I still don't see a reason why I should activate the plan ROAM LIKE HOME. If they charge 10 UAH for 500 MB. in all ROAM LIKE HOME countries. I assume this will remain, only the RED S,M, and L plans will now be only 7 days for roaming, correct?

Old
  (#43)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-03-2016, 00:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraus88 View Post
I still don't see a reason why I should activate the plan ROAM LIKE HOME. If they charge 10 UAH for 500 MB. in all ROAM LIKE HOME countries. I assume this will remain, only the RED S,M, and L plans will now be only 7 days for roaming, correct?
They haven't published the new rates yet. For understanding the CURRENT rates, check http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Euro0

There are still good reasons to activate the "roam like home" monthly option if using it for more than 2 or 3 days. The other rate (with "roam like home" disabled) is referred to a day and comes with a daily UAH 30 service fee for roaming and their standard data rate (UAH 10/ 500 MB) is charged by day too.

If you use for example 2 GB in a month of "permanent roaming" without the "roam like home", you'll pay UAH 30 for the domestic S pack plus 30 x 30 UAH daily fee plus 30 x 10 UAH for up to 500 MB per day. That's in total UAH 1230 or 40€ and really not worth it. Of course, it's a totally different story, when you use 500 MB per day, that's 15 GB in a month as the total price remains the same.

On the current "roam like home" monthly option our 2 GB per month is UAH 30 for the domestic pack, UAH 90 for the roaming add-on and UAH 30 for overuse = UAH 150 or 5€.

So the calculation is very different depending on usage and time. We'll have to wait and see, if they simply change the monthly option to a weekly or if they change rates too.

Assuming they'd just take the current monthly add-on of UAH 90 and make it to a weekly add-on of UAH 90, our example of 2 GB in a month will be (30 + 4.3x90) around UAH 420 or 14€. This is still good for roaming, but not for permanent use as a "domestic solution".

Last edited by wolfbln; 23-03-2016 at 00:29..

Old
  (#44)
lover08 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 24-03-2016, 17:46

Unfortunately changes come fixed this roaming deal and I guess with new policy there is no way to use this SIM in roaming any more for non-Ukrainian clients
You can read full terms on Vodafone
But Briefly:
1) it should be used for the first time in Ukraine
2) if you use it more than 28 day in Roam Like Home countries so you should again use it in Ukraine
3) You should use average the same amount of Internet as in Ukraine
4) If you use different SIM cards in one IMEI device so they will also block this deal
5) from 28th April they cancel 10 UAH 500 MB deal and they will introduce roam bundles from end of April instead of 10 UAH 500 MB

Old
  (#45)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-03-2016, 18:18

Here is the full link for their new FUP:
https://www.vodafone.ua/en/personal/roaming/prepaid Click on: Changes to terms of roaming service, starting April 1, 2016

This more or less kills this SIM card for roaming outside of UA. You have to be a resident or a frequent visitor to activate and log into their home network from time to time and have domestic consumption.

The rates were really too good to be true and Vodafone may have put pressure on MTS to stop them.

Sorry, as I'm using one by myself. But I have to take it off the WIKI again. Let's hope that the new EU roaming rules in May have something longer lasting in store for us.

Last edited by wolfbln; 24-03-2016 at 18:44..