PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
varun (Offline)

Default Roaming in Germany/Italy with SFR France or Lebara Netherlands Pre-Paid sim - 22-07-2014, 19:48

Hey Guys,

I have a Pre-Paid sim of SFR France and Lebara Netherlands. On both I have a 1GB mobile data scheme done by a 10 Euro top up. My question is if I can use any of these sims in Germany or in Italy and if so, how can I do it?
I really don't want to spend on a new sim in Germany and Italy as I am there only for a few days and I only require internet which is mostly just required for GPS. Please help.

Old
  (#2)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-07-2014, 04:27

Welcome to the forum. I would doubt you could use either one - BUT - someone else with more knowledge will have to answer.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 23-07-2014, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a Pre-Paid sim of SFR France and Lebara Netherlands. On both I have a 1GB mobile data scheme done by a 10 Euro top up. My question is if I can use any of these sims in Germany or in Italy and if so, how can I do it?
I really don't want to spend on a new sim in Germany and Italy as I am there only for a few days and I only require internet which is mostly just required for GPS. Please help.
Lebara only can use voice and SMS on roaming.
the SFR card will most propably stick to EU roaming regulation and charge around 25ct/MB of data.
Usually data plans are not valid outside the home countries.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
varun (Offline)

Default 23-07-2014, 19:43

But, when I try SFR in Netherlands it shows no network. How do I turn it on to get connected to a sim carrier. Also can you suggest a sim that I can buy in Germany but will also help me in Italy for internet?

Old
  (#5)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-07-2014, 08:26

In germany you can basically buy sim cards in each supermarket near the cashier. Please remind that all sim cards in germany will need to be registered to your name before they work.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Tags
europe, international roaming, prepaidsimcard