PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-06-2007, 20:13

It has no sense (looking at the terrible tariff), but today I bought a CoopVoce sim-card, just to have the 1st Italian MVNO simcard!

It works on 3G as well, as you can see, but no videocalls and data rates are the same (expensive) as TIM, without any data option.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#12)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-06-2007, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
It has no sense (looking at the terrible tariff), but today I bought a CoopVoce sim-card, just to have the 1st Italian MVNO simcard!

It works on 3G as well, as you can see, but no videocalls and data rates are the same (expensive) as TIM, without any data option.
but the special offer at the moment looks quite good. They seem to give you a lot of bonus when recharging the SIM-cards (if you recharge 20 euro you end up at 44 euro). Then the tariff looks quite nice too

http://www.e-coop.it/portalWeb/portl...oce&history=no

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#13)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-06-2007, 07:54

The tariff is ugly, it's just a LongTIM rebranded, which is a 15cent/min billed per minute plus a 15 cent set-up fee. International rates are awful (with 31 cent setup fee!), SMS are 15 cents again (30 to foreign numbers), data is 0.6cent/KB. There's nothing convenient.

The offer of 44 euros with a 20 euro card is only for MNP, if you buy a new number you just get 20% more on each refill.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#14)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-06-2007, 09:10

Quote:
The tariff is ugly, it's just a LongTIM rebranded, which is a 15cent/min billed per minute plus a 15 cent set-up fee. International rates are awful (with 31 cent setup fee!), SMS are 15 cents again (30 to foreign numbers), data is 0.6cent/KB. There's nothing convenient.

The offer of 44 euros with a 20 euro card is only for MNP, if you buy a new number you just get 20% more on each refill.
Ah, OK. Then my italian was too limited to get the sophisticated details. I thought anybody would get this offer now...

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#15)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-06-2007, 10:44

I forgot: if you get a new number you also get free 10€ refill card (which includes 12€ of credit). So in any case the deal is not bad since you pay 5 and you get 17... at an anwful tariff, but at least I have the first Italian MVNO! :P

Old
  (#16)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 07-06-2007, 15:14

And today also UNO Mobile started! The tariff is not so bad, but the 60/1 billing, for the first time in Italy, is not so nice... they have anyway some interesting international roaming rates...

Old
  (#17)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 07-06-2007, 22:33

Quote:
And today also UNO Mobile started! The tariff is not so bad, but the 60/1 billing, for the first time in Italy, is not so nice... they have anyway some interesting international roaming rates...
This "1" in in the circle is the logo of a "private label" of Carrefour, I guess (and something like Belgian 1 Mobile http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/belgio/1mobile.html). This logo resembles me food-like low-cost products from Carrefours - just a quick impression .

As to the tariff, all the international calls are for 50 cents (no special surcharges for exotic destination like Noth Korea, Kiribati or Liechtenstein ).
And the roaming tariff is "Tariffa dall'estero", right? It seems to match the latest EU price regulations with one exception - incoming calls in Romania are for 1€/min. it's interesting that calls from Zona 1 are by 1 cent cheaper that international calls from Italy

Old
  (#18)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 08-06-2007, 08:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
This "1" in in the circle is the logo of a "private label" of Carrefour, I guess (and something like Belgian 1 Mobile http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/belgio/1mobile.html). This logo resembles me food-like low-cost products from Carrefours - just a quick impression .
Yes, UNO mobile is a Carrefour Italia subsidiary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
As to the tariff, all the international calls are for 50 cents (no special surcharges for exotic destination like Noth Korea, Kiribati or Liechtenstein ).
And the roaming tariff is "Tariffa dall'estero", right? It seems to match the latest EU price regulations with one exception - incoming calls in Romania are for 1€/min. it's interesting that calls from Zona 1 are by 1 cent cheaper that international calls from Italy
"Tariffa dall'estero" literally means "Tariff from abroad" so you're right.
There are two exceptions in the EU: Romania (as you told) and Bulgaria (where calling costs 2€ per minute and receiving a call costs 1.5€ per minute - really expensive!).

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.

Last edited by maccoy; 08-06-2007 at 08:29..

Old
  (#19)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 08-06-2007, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoy View Post
"Tariffa dall'estero" literally means "Tariff from abroad" so you're right.
There are two exceptions in the EU: Romania (as you told) and Bulgaria (where calling costs 2€ per minute and receiving a call costs 1.5€ per minute - really expensive!).
Yes, I had an impression that missed one more EU country but it was late when I was typing the previous post . Of course, Romania and Bulgaria are the newest EU countries but I don't think they are excluded from any telecom regulations - in other words - those rates will have to go down.

Old
  (#20)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-06-2007, 21:35

Someone told me that there will be plenty of MVNOs starting up in Italy this coming October - is this a true rumour?

BTW, do Italian sim cards still get bonus on incoming SMS?