PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
littleyip (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Help Choosing prepaid sim for France, Argentina, Brazil - 28-06-2009, 01:09

Hi, I've been looking through all the options and can't decide on the best way. It seems like many of the cards no longer work! Does anyone know of a card that can get me free incoming to France, Brazil (and maybe Argentina, but I know that's a long shot). And also has a prefix that I can get cheap calls to, from the USA (like using callback or anything!).

I saw OneSIMCard offering a promo for my old United Mobile card, and they have an estonia number. Is it possible to get cheap calls to those numbers? And are the Isle of Man cards still working? How much are calls to the Isle of Man numbers? Thanks!!!

Old
  (#2)
kupe (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-06-2009, 20:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleyip View Post
Hi, I've been looking through all the options and can't decide on the best way. It seems like many of the cards no longer work! Does anyone know of a card that can get me free incoming to France, Brazil (and maybe Argentina, but I know that's a long shot). And also has a prefix that I can get cheap calls to, from the USA (like using callback or anything!).

I saw OneSIMCard offering a promo for my old United Mobile card, and they have an estonia number. Is it possible to get cheap calls to those numbers? And are the Isle of Man cards still working? How much are calls to the Isle of Man numbers? Thanks!!!
Well, the Telestial Passport by eKit would get you free incoming to France and Brazil, along with a US number. Argentina is pricey, so while there I always buy a cheapy local sim. Here is the link:
Passport US SIM Card by Telestial

Kupe

Old
  (#3)
littleyip (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-06-2009, 22:07

I'm a little confused. It comes with a US number, but does that really mean my friends and family in the US can call that number and reach me while I am abroad, and it will be free for me?

Old
  (#4)
kupe (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-06-2009, 22:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleyip View Post
I'm a little confused. It comes with a US number, but does that really mean my friends and family in the US can call that number and reach me while I am abroad, and it will be free for me?
That and more is answered at the link I posted.

Quickly though...calls to the US number incur a 19 cent/minute charge. So if you are in a country with free incoming and somebody calls your US number, it is 19 cent/minute to you. If they call your UK number, it would be free to you.

Kupe

Old
  (#5)
littleyip (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 29-06-2009, 04:50

Ah, ok. I saw that in the link, but was a little unclear exactly who is billed what. But what you have said makes sense. Thanks!