PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#41)
PaytooMobile (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-07-2010, 13:13

I am not up to date with Maxroams offerings, as I will admit I steered clear of them after what I interpreted as misleading pricing on their site. However, for me a "One-stop solution" would involve me having full control over the DID's that they provide. This might involve disactivating the default forwarding to the roaming SIM and instead allow forwarding to a SIP address, fixed line or national SIM. Is this something Maxroam now provide?[/QUOTE]

It is some thing that WE provide......DID a cost, and full freedom to manage it....

Paytoo Mobile

Old
  (#42)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-07-2010, 13:28

However, your DID's have a setup fee of $4 and require a 3-month minimum rental. Maxroam's does not have a setup fee and is charged only a 1 month rental. Now, I do understand that some of these restrictions are out of your control, but they should still be taken into consideration if you are trying to compare your offering to maxroam's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytooMobile View Post
It is some thing that WE provide......DID a cost, and full freedom to manage it....

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#43)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-07-2010, 13:57

I al depends on how you want to use the did. If it's only for a small time, a trip than setp and 3 month are more expensive. For a longer time it's cheaper.

I checked my paytoomobile account and looked at the did rates. compred to other internet rates the do not overcharge and they are fair.

But when using voip you might as well use it at home and your business, I have done that for several years now. Your own intenret pbx rented or linux server (depending on size) is than the best option. You don't rely on 1 provider for telphony and have full control.

Maxroma and paytoomobile are nice solotions but not complete voip solutions when you want to have full voip control.

Old
  (#44)
grtvndrvlk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-07-2010, 22:51

Both Irish institutions Commission for Communications Regulation - ComReg and Home - Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources replied that Cubic Telecom/Maxroam has no licence to operate spectrum in or out of Ireland.
The company has not filed for Licensing of Wireless Telegraphy Equipment as they call it.
According to their response it would be illegal for Cubic Telecom/Maxroam to operate/sell in Ireland under a licence acquired in the EEC without having a proper Irish licence.

The Data SIM sold by Maxroam is a Liechtenstein based product HLR 89423.
The Global SIM +44 is a Jersey Telecom product.
The Classic SIM +32 is a Base Belgium product (soon obsolete).

Maybe patphelan can explain.

Old
  (#45)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-07-2010, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtvndrvlk View Post
Both Irish institutions Commission for Communications Regulation - ComReg and Home - Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources replied that Cubic Telecom/Maxroam has no licence to operate spectrum in or out of Ireland.
The company has not filed for Licensing of Wireless Telegraphy Equipment as they call it.
According to their response it would be illegal for Cubic Telecom/Maxroam to operate/sell in Ireland under a licence acquired in the EEC without having a proper Irish licence.

The Data SIM sold by Maxroam is a Liechtenstein based product HLR 89423.
The Global SIM +44 is a Jersey Telecom product.
The Classic SIM +32 is a Base Belgium product (soon obsolete).

Maybe patphelan can explain.
On a mission to attack maxroam are we ?

Who cares is they are an mno, mvno or if they can call the moon. Ratex are not impressive comparred to regular EU sims and other roaming free card.

It's just marketing, modern technology, no callback, yes like your normal sim. Just stop this mission are slap them with fact, ratex etc.

Good point is what will they do with their +32 Platform.

Old
  (#46)
grtvndrvlk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Thumbs down Maxroam is lying - 14-07-2010, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
On a mission to attack maxroam are we ?

Good point is what will they do with their +32 Platform.
Drop the mission perspective Bob. It's a forum about prepaid gsm cards and dealers are misleading potential buyers. We should be able to make the light on what is right and wrong here.

Maxroam coming in here saying they are a MNO is a joke. You know it, Andy knows it. They are not even a MVNO. They are a basic reseller like so many others on this market.
Their rates are more expensive then any EU carrier.

Marketing doesn't mean duping buyers.

Tele2 in the Netherlands offers calls from USA to anywhere in the world for 64cts, no call back and all prepaid. I bet they will be around in 10 years from today. That's half what Maxroam is charging.

I ordered Cubic Telecom financials and they only reported 130.000€ in sales for 2009.

The industry is crippled by lousy calling card sellers. Same goes for United Mobile, Celtrek, Yackie, Bluewireless, GT sims...

Yackie's permanent intrusions on threads is a disgrace to this forum. Maxroam lack of response on the Base sim card ongoing sale is no more but an insult to all board members. They might want to port those users to Mobistar (sim swap mandatory) as states the Press Release on my first post but if you read it throughly you will see that the Mobistar agreement is for 36 months only and not with Maxroam but Tellink.

Assuming Tellink will lose in court against KPN that leaves all current subscribers with a lego plastic square.

Only Truphone and Travelsim seems to be making some progress with strong IT teams. The rest is just a waste a time and money.

Buyer beware!

Old
  (#47)
patphelan (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 14-07-2010, 23:17

I am absolutely shocked that a statement like above is allowed in this forum
I think we all know who the user is, attacking us and Yackie probably gives the game away.
I will reiterate that Cubic Telecom is a fully licensed MNO and I have no issue whatsoever sharing the details in private with Andy or Bob, none
MAXROAM has never left one customer short one cent, EVER, NEVER
I would remind any readers of this
I am disgusted to say the least by the above but I think we have almost become anesthetized to occasional vitriolic posts here at times under the cover of anonymity, Andy-Bob if you care to email me I have no problem whatsoever sharing.
I will no be replying to this post again

Pat Phelan
6310i to Nexus and all in between

Old
  (#48)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 15-07-2010, 04:11

Excuse my ignorance, but what is an MNO and how does it differ from a MVNO?

Old
  (#49)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-07-2010, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what is an MNO and how does it differ from a MVNO?
MNO Mobile Network Operator
MVNO Mobile Virtual Network Operator

Mobile network operator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The essential characteristic that defines a mobile network operator is that they must have acquired a radio spectrum license from the government before they can offer mobile phone service within a country.

Another category of mobile network operator is emerging in some markets called the Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). As far as the subscriber is concerned, they seem identical to regular mobile network operators. The critical difference is that they do not own the underlying network of base stations, but lease it instead from another incumbent operator in that country.

A mobile operator may also act as an MVNO, for example if they do not have coverage in a particular geographical region. This is also called National Roaming. The operator may actually own a license to operate but they have chosen not to deploy assets there (for example Meteor uses the Vodafone network in the west of Ireland). Alternatively the operator may not own a particular frequency (for example 3 uses the Orange network for 2G services in the UK).

So basicly if you are and MNO you have bought a spectrum to operate a mobile network and you have your own telecom equipment. As many people will know buying a frequentiy in Countries like UK, Germany, Netherlands or any bigger country will cost you ten, hundred of millions or even more.

It could we be that and island like Jersey is a lot cheaper to buy a frequenty but I guess you would still have to put down infra structure to operate the network and this equipment does not come cheap.

As for Maxroam, if they are an MNO the would be registered somewhere as they will also be looking for roaming agreements with other mno's and it should be no problem telling where they have their mno license. Any proper mno is open about this.

As for me maxroam doesn't really interest me, to expensive anyhow and nothing really new unless you don't want callback and pay a higher rate.

Old
  (#50)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 15-07-2010, 13:21

Quote:
Cubic Telecom/Maxroam claims to be a licensed "Mobile Network Operator". I doubt it's true.
None of institutions contacted have records of Cubic Telecom being "licensed".
Unless Maxroam can provide tangible information I (including others here) will continue to believe it's a lie. It goes directly to their credibility.
You've made some interesting points, but don't take your failure on this point as a good reason to get carried away.

Let's concentrate on facts rather than speculation, as I'm sure I've said before.

It's possible that if you contact a couple of hundred or so, or perhaps rather fewer, you may find yourself obliged to retract this remark.

Until then, speak for yourself but don't assume you can include any other persons or this forum's policy in such sweeping statements, viz:

Quote:
Maxroam coming in here saying they are a MNO is a joke. You know it, Andy knows it.
Kindly do not include me in your manifestations of ignorance.

Mr Phelan is not lying to us about this.

Tags
base, maxroam