PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
grtvndrvlk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 02-07-2010, 21:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Gert, are you here on the attack? What exactly is your objective in sending these emails? If it is to merely discredit MaxRoam, then I can say that most members here are not interested in your personal war with them.
My initial post on this thread was in regards to a statement made by Base. Maxroam stepped in stating they now carry an alternative product.
Why are they still offering a SIM card soon to be deactivated?

Cubic Telecom/Maxroam claims to be a licensed "Mobile Network Operator". I doubt it's true.
None of institutions contacted have records of Cubic Telecom being "licensed".
Unless Maxroam can provide tangible information I (including others here) will continue to believe it's a lie. It goes directly to their credibility.

Gert

Last edited by grtvndrvlk; 02-07-2010 at 21:55.. Reason: text

Old
  (#32)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-07-2010, 00:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
The last thing I don't understand is you have a uk number and charge for incoming calls in the uk even if you are in the uk.
It isn't a UK number; its 079373 series is allocated to Jersey Telecom.

And for the interest of UK readers, Jersey isn't included in all UK main networks' inclusive minutes, so for some of those it might be better to explore Maxroam's availability of incoming landline numbers rather than stump up extra to one's own network for calling or forwarding to these numbers.

On the other hand, maybe ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patphelan View Post
... we just decided to start with the UK, we will ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think some people would be interested to see a UK MSISDN. Can you give an idea when it will become available?

Last edited by andy; 03-07-2010 at 01:14..

Old
  (#33)
patphelan (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 03-07-2010, 12:46

Thank you for this Andy
we will take all your positive points onboard and will review them.
Thanks again everyone and many thanks for everyone who emailed us the kind messages.
you should have your SIM cards by now
Happy testing

Pat Phelan
6310i to Nexus and all in between

Old
  (#34)
PaytooMobile (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-07-2010, 13:33

Maxroaming offers 250 minutes plus sms for 79 EURO. So:
- It's not unlimited but 250 minutes plus 100 sms
- It's a bundle so half of the people do not use all minutes but do pay the full amount and the other half uses more so they pay extra and these tariffs are higher
- An incoming minute is also a full minute
- 100 sms in europe would cost 13 euro so 79 - 13 = 66 / 250 = 26,4 cents per average minute. our average minute is much lower because incoming is much cheaper

So............ it's not cheaper but just smart marketing. Every one can also offer bundles if they like. The disadvantage is that you do not know on forehand what margin you will make which you do with your current model.
Different models
1. Minute price plus fixed margin => you know exactly what margin you make
2. Minute price plus connection fee => your margin depends on the average lenght of a call
3. Bundle => your margin depends on how many minutes people call on average and the spread between incoming and outgoing

Paytoo Mobile

Old
  (#35)
patphelan (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 03-07-2010, 19:40

Thanks for the comment on our "Smart Marketing"
As we have mentioned numerous times our service is not callback which I presume you service is, our customers can receive the calls on the DID if they feel like it at the same price with DID'S practically at cost.
I am surprised that the forum administrators (or am I ) allow companies to "slag" each other off here
I would remind you of an old saying though "People who live in glass houses should get undressed in the dark" nice to see you guys back, we were getting worried it was sooooooo long.

Pat Phelan
6310i to Nexus and all in between

Old
  (#36)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-07-2010, 15:20

Pat, callback or not who cares.

Your solution when used in europe is not cheaper than many other regular sim card. Hence Vodaphone even has cheaper solutions in europe that what you are offering.

As for some countries you have fair rates but for others you have very high incoming. I repeat myself USA is free incoming on the UK number form many callback sim cards. You charge for that. Same applies to other countries.

As for the did there is 1 thing i learned the last years on this forum, never rely on a company here to buy your did number. They change platforms to many times. In case there is a problem your did number is worthless and final your did prices are just to high.

I know there are huge differences in did prices and some don't mind paying to much, but if you look further you can get many for free or at very low prices.

I would be easier to setup you owen pbx using did numbers and than forward this to your mobile. In case you decide to change platforms again or any other providers one would just buy a new card from another provider and forward to that number

Old
  (#37)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-07-2010, 08:21

I will repeat it once again to all DEALERS and people involved in the telecom business.
READ HERE:
PrePaidGSM.net Forum - Announcements in Forum : International GSM prepaid cards
These are the rules. We don't want flame wars between operators here.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#38)
123456 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-07-2010, 09:32

Maybe Pat (Maxroam) could tell us if something is going to happen with Maxroam SIMs based on the +32 platform. Will they be deactivated as stated in this topic OR are these Classic SIMs to be transfered onto a new platform if necessary?

Old
  (#39)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-07-2010, 15:59

I forward my own DIDs via my PBX. I am also implementing the Digium Skype to SIP gateway so that my mobile can be dialed from the ringtoskype gateway from numerous countries using a local number plus three digit extension.

Like most people on those forum, I am willing to work fairlymhard to keep my price down. Many people want a one stop shop. I presume this is maxroam's target audience.

On phones, I am like my mother-in-law who is a compulsive coupon clipper and organizes her shopping to squeeze every last dollar out of the process. She filled a grocery cart for $15 two weeks ago. The stores will never make money ger. We are the same. The best a roaming SIM company can hope to make off someone who has his own callbackserver, routes his/her own DIDs, etc is a modest profit.

Old
  (#40)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 05-07-2010, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
The best a roaming SIM company can hope to make off someone who has his own callbackserver, routes his/her own DIDs, etc is a modest profit.
I agree! They really must have a love-hate relationship with most of us on this forum!

Though a DIY solution is attractive on many counts, personally, the one thing I find always ends up costing me more than I had bargained for are some good stable DID's that I can reliably forward to a SIP address of my choice. Though many providers do appear to give you free/cheap DID's, for several countries these are quite restrictive.

I am not up to date with Maxroams offerings, as I will admit I steered clear of them after what I interpreted as misleading pricing on their site. However, for me a "One-stop solution" would involve me having full control over the DID's that they provide. This might involve disactivating the default forwarding to the roaming SIM and instead allow forwarding to a SIP address, fixed line or national SIM. Is this something Maxroam now provide?

Tags
base, maxroam