PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default MaxxiTim Web Time - What's The Deal? - 07-08-2007, 16:54

Subscribed to MaxxiTim Web Time, received the SMS confirmation, and it works fine between 5pm and 9am ... also looks like it allows use for 24 hours per day at the weekend, i.e. 5pm Friday to 9am Monday inclusive - Is that correct?

The web site also says:

"La MaxxiTIM Web Time è un'offerta riservata ai clienti abbonati (Nota 1) che consente di navigare gratis in Internet attraverso le tecnologie GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/Wi.Fi pubblico di TIM tutti i giorni dalle ore 17:00 alle ore 9:00, e sempre nei week-end fino ad un massimo di 9 Giga (Nota 2)!

In più TIM ti regala 50 MB da utilizzare nella fascia oraria non coperta (dal lunedì al venerdì dalle 9:00 alle 17:00 e durante i giorni festivi diversi dal week-end). "

which translates via Alta Vista Babelfish as:

"The MaxxiTIM Web Time is a classified offer to the customers always makes a subscriber (Famous 1 to you) that it concurs to be annoying gratis in Internet through public the GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/Wi.Fi technologies of TIM every day from hours 17:00 to hours 9:00, and in the weekends until to a 9 maximum of Giga (Famous 2)! In more TIM 50 MB give you to use in wrap hour not covered (from the monday to the friday from the 9:00 to the 17:00 and during the various festive days from the weekend)."

which I read to mean that you also get 50Mb to use between the hours of 9am to 5pm on Monday to Friday.... However, I used it this morning after 9am and it used all my credit up. So what does the 50MB thing mean??

Many Thanks Again

Richard

Old
  (#2)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 07-08-2007, 18:31

Have you finished your 9 Gigabyte traffic perhaps?

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#3)
Nokia1610 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-08-2007, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard10002 View Post
The web site also says:

"La MaxxiTIM Web Time è un'offerta riservata ai clienti abbonati (Nota 1) che consente di navigare gratis in Internet attraverso le tecnologie GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/Wi.Fi pubblico di TIM tutti i giorni dalle ore 17:00 alle ore 9:00, e sempre nei week-end fino ad un massimo di 9 Giga (Nota 2)!

In più TIM ti regala 50 MB da utilizzare nella fascia oraria non coperta (dal lunedì al venerdì dalle 9:00 alle 17:00 e durante i giorni festivi diversi dal week-end). "

which I read to mean that you also get 50Mb to use between the hours of 9am to 5pm on Monday to Friday.... However, I used it this morning after 9am and it used all my credit up. So what does the 50MB thing mean??

Many Thanks Again

Richard
Well, you can use it Mo->Fr since 5pm to 9am, and the whole day on saturday and sunday. The threshold is 9GB, but I don't know if they are calculated per day or what: I should read the notes.
Then, out of the above mentioned periods, you have other 50MB you can use.
Probably you have run out of the available amount of bytes...

Old
  (#4)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 08-08-2007, 17:13

My Globetrotter Data Card Software counts the usage, (transmit and receive), and I set up a separate connection for the 50Mb between 9am and 5pm, so I know I havent used anything near the limits.

"TIM 50Mb per month " connection - usage 2Mb

"TIM 9Gb" connection - usage 480Mb

My TIM traffic page says

"Traffico residuo:€ 1.82 Aggiornato al: 08/08/2007 Scadenza SIM: 01/09/2008 Bonus e Promozioni attive MaxxiTim Web Time - Recharge
Data di attivazione: 03/08/07 - Scadenza: 02/09/07 Hai a disposizione 8929560 KB residui di traffico dati verso ibox.tim.it. Hai a disposizione 201 KB residui di traffico dati verso ibox.tim.it. Hai a disposizione 100900 KB residui di traffico dati verso ibox.tim.it. "

not sure what the 201kb and 100900KB mean, but it certainly says that I have most of my 9Gb left for the month, (30 days).

I wonder if I have to register in some way to get the 50Mb during 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri - I definitely wont be using it again until I understand it.

Thanks for the help so far, any more help and advice welcomed.

Cheers

Richard

Old
  (#5)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 12-08-2007, 16:33

Quote:

Tim has this kind of wrong tariffation for data very often.. simply

You can try to call 119, in italian language

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#6)
borjeg (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-08-2007, 19:53

I've also tried this "La MaxxiTIM Web Time" this summer. It didn´t work either.

Old
  (#7)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-08-2007, 08:58

Maxxi Tim Web Time works fine for me between 5pm and 9am Mon - Fri, and all weekend. I can watch UK TV via Slingbox and Skype works OK with the 3G connection. It's just the extra 50Mb during weekdays that is missing.

I've bought a WIND SIM now and subscribed to MEGA 15000, so I should have plenty of Mb at all times of day for TV and Skype.

Thanks for the help - perhaps the offer doesnt exist.

Old
  (#8)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 13-08-2007, 09:30

Quote:
I've bought a WIND SIM now and subscribed to MEGA 15000, so I should have plenty of Mb at all times of day for TV and Skype.
Do you have 3G Wind? Or are you using EDGE/GPRS network?

My Phones:
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#9)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-08-2007, 23:52

So far I've only been able to get GPRS with the WIND SIM, (Riposto Marina and now anchored of Taormina.

With TIM, I got GPRS and an occasional 3G in Riposto Marina, and am now getting a very strong 3G connection. I can see the station and there is a mobile phone aerial in sight - I'm guessing it's a TIM aerial.

In Stromboli and Vulcano, (Aeolian Islands), I only got GPRS with the TIM SIM.

Not sure what the difference is between 3G and EDGE/GPRS networks. My Globetrotter software shows 3G or GPRS when I query for available networks, and UMTS and PS in the connected network box.

Old
  (#10)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 14-08-2007, 09:32

Quote:
Not sure what the difference is between 3G and EDGE/GPRS networks.
Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhance..._GSM_Evolution

My Phones:

ITALIAN TLC BLOG