PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Gladiatore (Offline)
Official Member

Default Topping-up T-mobile outside Germany - 06-01-2010, 11:29

Hi,
I'm located in Italy, and I used extensively verivox.de (that goes to Aufladen.de) to top-up by credit card my T-mobile sim, but now it seems they have some problems in accepting non-german credit cards (or customers): as a matter of facts, I correctly registered on their site, but all the attemps to pay by cc were unsuccesful (my wife has the same problem).

Moreover, it seems to me that their customer care isn't very bright, answering with trivial considerations.

Does anybody know other sites for on-line topping-up for german T-mobile sims?

Thanks a lot, and ciao

(the same post appears in other thread)

Old
  (#2)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-01-2010, 15:04

I think German T-Mobile prepaid cards don't expire anymore (unless unused for years and even so they only "might" cancel it). And AFAIK they don't have great tariffs so there's no real reason to want them outside Germany (where you can buy credit everywhere). If all fails for such a big provider there's always ebay (pretty straightforward as you need only the code and probably can use paypal so it doesn't really matter where you are).

Old
  (#3)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-01-2010, 19:25

Hello,

it is completly crazy and depends:
- T-Mobile (original)
- Vodafone (original)
They do not expire, but they deactivate the SIM if it is not used. Advise: Send a SMS every half year. And then this: Vodafone had a new "idea": They switch the tariff, you are on. The new "advanced" tariffs deducts 1,50 EUR / month. You have to complain to get switched back.
- E-Plus (original)
Depends how much you top-up. Every top-up extends to a maximum of 2 years (older Sims / one year new ones). They got the same great idea then Vodafone and want to deduct a monthly fee, if not used
- o2 (original)
One year. It does not matter, how much you top-up
- ViStream
Usually 13 months (Solomo)
- Fonic (o2)
No expiry
- Simyo, Blue (E-Plus)
Adds half a year, maximum one year

Basicly: You, as an user of the Sim-card do have a contract. This means: They have to obey the rules (eg. the expiry rules) they had, when you bought the Sim. Look at your papers! They may offer you a change to a new "advanced" tariff, but they are not allowed to change the contract without you agreeing the change. In reality, they try - and you have to complain.

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-01-2010, 12:48

aufladen.de will only accept Austrian, Dutch, German, or Swiss credit cards due to fraud prevention. Buying topup vouchers from eBay or switching to a provider accepting credit card recharges (e.g. solomo) is the way to go. T-Mobile is a pure rip-off anyway.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
Gladiatore (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-01-2010, 13:00

Inquisitor, unfortunately you're right ! Their customer care told me the same!

I replied they are outside the law, for at least two reasons:

1. a credit card is a LEGAL PAYMENT DOCUMENT WHEREVER ISSUED;
2. I AM AN EUROPEAN UNION CITIZEN AND THEY CANNOT DISCRMINATE ME: am I different, with all the due respect, in respect a German or a Dutch guy?

I hope they reconsider their wrong rules,

ciao!

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-01-2010, 13:11

Why don't you just discriminate them and switch to solomo? solomo pro is cheaper (especially for calls to Italy, which only cost € 0.09/min to fixed lines and € 0.29/min to mobiles) and they accept credit cards without restrictions. You can even import your existing T-Mobile number and solomo pro includes a free VoIP-account, through which you can receive calls on your German mobile number for free (no roaming charges) all over the world (of course only if you use VoIP).
If you order through this link you'll even get extra credit of € 5.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#7)
Gladiatore (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-01-2010, 13:27

Thanks, Inquisitor, I try it!

Ciao !

Old
  (#8)
Gladiatore (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-01-2010, 13:42

Today it is not my brightest day, I admit it.
I've tried with solomo but solomo accepts customers in the contries sourrounding Germany, not Italy !

What a pity !

We're very far from a real "union" !

Thanks a lot for your help, I'll try again,
ciao

Old
  (#9)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-01-2010, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatore View Post
I've tried with solomo but solomo accepts customers in the contries sourrounding Germany, not Italy !
I think you've missed half a century of history here. There's a country called Austria inbetween our countries now.

I've sent you a PM to sort out the problem of limited delivery options. solomo at least delivers to some countries abroad - I actually don't know a single provider in the world (besides roaming discounters), who delivers SIMs outside their country of origin.

Old
  (#10)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-01-2010, 15:53

so, not the thread hijack, but if one has a t-mo card from germany, from a few years back, should it technically still be valid, can one get it re-activated and have the money on there