PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default Mesim - Anyone heard of them? - 22-02-2007, 14:31

I just came accross this isn an article. It says it gives you a UK mobile Sounds like another IOM rebrand.

http://www.mesim.com/

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 27-02-2007, 11:14

Yeah, I saw it too, it really seems a IOM rebrand; it often appears on our Google Adsense ads...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-02-2007, 17:56

Just spotted this on their FAQ's:

Quote:
How long does your credit last?
There is no expiry date on the SIM card or any credit you add to it.
hmmm....???

Old
  (#4)
jeffharris (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 27-02-2007, 20:21

I spoke with them (and subsequently ordered one.) I asked why, for example, Mexico incoming is free, and on all other Manx SIMs, it costs. He told me that their business model is different than the others, and, although they pay a small termination fee for Mexico, they disburse costs over their whole network, and not target one particular country, so, they can offer overall better pricing, and absorb smaller term fees to allow it to be free... We'll see. I'll try it, and see. They do have 07624 numbers.

Old
  (#5)
srickrode (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-02-2007, 19:31

This sounds like a very intriguing offer with no expiration date, no set-up fees, and relatively decent rates. The only bad thing is that neither the rates or the sim card price itself reflect the VAT of 17.5%, but since most cards charge VAT, it's not that big of a deal, and still doesn't make the rates terribly high.

Old
  (#6)
BBB (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-02-2007, 21:40

Another oddity in T+C - obviously not wanting you to use it as receive only...

MeSIM™ SIM card rates and tariffs assume fair usage of the Services by you. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining a ratio of outbound tariffable calls to inbound calls of more than 20% on your account. In the event of fair usage not being sustained, the Supplier reserves the right to review the rates and tariffs applied to your account or to terminate the Services and in this event, such termination shall be deemed to have been made by you.

Old
  (#7)
jeffharris (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 28-02-2007, 23:37

I think they are writing this, to cover their a**es, in the case where their business model doesn't work, and they need to revise their P&L projections, without closing shop. I think this will be a term that will be analyzed over their full subscriber list, rather than a single customer. If in fact their model isn't working, they may take the highest percentage of inbound subscribers, and eliminate them. Verizon used to do this with their EV-DO customers. Only the worst were alerted that they may be violating the Terms of Service (I certainly was one of those high users, with my streaming Slingbox, and, thankfully, I never had a problem from Verizon regarding EV-DO service)..

Of course, this is only my opinion, but, it seems more reasonable, then if they are policing every single account they subscribe.

And, in the worst case? OK, you have to lose your account .... just don't prepay more than $50-$100 at a time, and that's your downside ...

Old
  (#8)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-03-2007, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post
I asked why, for example, Mexico incoming is free, and on all other Manx SIMs, it costs.
It's also free incoming on ekit IOM sims (07924 though). I've just been using them in Mexico for the past few days - enlinea callback to an ipkall.com number pointed to a sip address at voipcheap.com forwarded to the 07924 ekit phone - 5c + 10.4c (8 eurocents) = 15.4c/min outbound from MX to US. Long round-trip delay, but good quality otherwise.

Old
  (#9)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-03-2007, 07:02

From today Mexico is no more in the free incoming list of Ekit international sim....

Old
  (#10)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-03-2007, 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
From today Mexico is no more in the free incoming list of Ekit international sim....
Where did you read that? The new rates effective from 1 March 2007 still show Mexico as free incoming (for the Global Premium Service, Zone 4a).

See http://www.ekit.com/ekit/MobilePurch...obal_rates0307