PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#81)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-07-2009, 11:10

So let me get the facts straight and somehow impersonal:

- company (from US) charges customer (from CZ/EU) $35 for shipping a SIM card (probably a small envelope)
- company states that the SIM "will arrive within 4-7 business days"
- company delivers the SIM after more than two months because it costs them $67 to ship
- due to some altercations between customer and company within those two months company decides to reimburse the customer the money for service, deny him any service but will not reinburse the money for shipping

Now here is my take:

- first of all $67 or even $35 is absolutely ridiculous, especially if we're talking cheap SIM cards. The idea here is to SAVE money. It costs $1.18 to ship such envelope to CZ and probably less if you do it in bulk (maybe $1 more if you get enthusiastic with the printed material included) !!! There isn't any advantage in using a more expensive shipping method especially if we're talking about delivery times of over two months! As for safety it is standard nowadays to send mostly everything like SIM cards, credit cards, credit card
statements via normal uninsured snail mail. And SIM cards are particularly cheap as physical objects and very easy to protect if you want to bother with that (don't send the PIN/PUK with the card, don't send activated cards already, etc); but in the end they're prepaid so even without any precaution there isn't much to lose
- company wrongfully charged the customer the money for shipping. Now if there's an agreement and everybody is happy all right, but if the company says "we charge you 35$ to deliver in 7 days" and they deliver in 2 months for whatever reason they should refund the money, it's as simple as that. Any court would agree to that but of course enforcing this would cost much more than letting it go
- you can refuse to do business with a customer that's crossing lines but you can't charge him for services you did not provide. If he's doing anything illegal call the cops, you don't get to write him a fine just because you have his credit card number
- there is a lesson to be learned from here: when a company doesn't deliver let's say in two weeks what they said they'll deliver in one just go to your credit card company and dispute the charge. If you wait too much you can only complain on various forums (and yes, that might help other people to make decisions).

Old
  (#82)
monkeyboy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 02-11-2009, 09:10

just wondering if anyone is using Global Roaming, particularly after the Celtrek fiasco... have they settled in to be a credible provider?

Old
  (#83)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-11-2009, 20:02

I am unable to register on AT&T's networks once again with my GR SIM, this time since September.

Old
  (#84)
squawk1200 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 03-11-2009, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
just wondering if anyone is using Global Roaming, particularly after the Celtrek fiasco... have they settled in to be a credible provider?
Yep, works fine here! In my part of the US they roam on T-Mobile... Really does not matter to me as I don't use it much at home...

Old
  (#85)
christophe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 03-11-2009, 05:30

I use previously celtrek with the israeli number and now Globalroaming with the belgian number.
Its the most reliable provider i found epsecially with voice quality and prices.
incoming calls at 0.10 usd in Europe and most calls in Eu at 0.24usdare very cheap.

the only negative point is their online management card and calls history billings, i think

International Prepaid services : YackieMobile +31, GoSimEkit +44 & Truphone +44

Old
  (#86)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-11-2009, 10:11

I dug out my Global roaming sim and it registered here in the US without any problems. I used it quite a bit when I traveled in June. No problems at all.

I agree with christophe, there is no online account managemant. You have to actually contact their customer service to check your history, charges, etc. The only thing available to do online is topup. However, their website looks so incomplete after login in that I do not think even topping up will work.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#87)
christophe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 03-11-2009, 20:00

support inform me this day that online management will be available soonly. I also attach an us number to the belgian, works well..but you always have to ask support to have histoy of calls and then check if asvertised prices are the same that billed

Old
  (#88)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-11-2009, 20:26

It seems that they have a limited list USA numbers. They will link them on a case by case of account. I think that my once a year trips will not give me enough volume to get a number. We will see.

Old
  (#89)
christophe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 04-11-2009, 22:16

I'm an old customer (one of the first of Celtrek) so i was qualified for the us DID number

Old
  (#90)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 26-11-2009, 16:20

We just relaunched our website with full online management, live call records, OTA top ups and we also added conference call feature.

The One SIM for Global Roaming

Happy Thanksgiving