PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#191)
Mirken (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-08-2007, 21:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by razfaz View Post
I recieved my SIM today. Everything is working, except when I switch to UMTS only mode, the SIM gives a "Sim not registered" massage and I'm unable to log on any German network. It wouldn't matter, but I'd like to use the card next month in Japan, where it is UMTS only. Anybody with the same problem concerning UMTS?

yes, same problem to me, here in Italy.

Old
  (#192)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 09-08-2007, 21:33

I can verify that mine still does not work (neither incoming nor outgoing). I have emailed them several days ago but got no response as of yet...

I can receive sms, even those sent when the phone was off.....

Old
  (#193)
fedeprovenza (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-08-2007, 22:12

I've got my new um+ today and it work very good. Only i can't see the number who calls me

[COLOR="Magenta"]"Working" PrePaids: Wind, Vodafone, CoopVoce, , Travelsim (2), 02 Irish (2)
My best sim?--> Wind +39-328
My phones: Samsung Galaxy Next S5570

Old
  (#194)
Mirken (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-08-2007, 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
I can verify that mine still does not work (neither incoming nor outgoing). I have emailed them several days ago but got no response as of yet...

I can receive sms, even those sent when the phone was off.....

right, we can receive sms, if you try to send, flash message of card not activated.

Old
  (#195)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-08-2007, 23:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by razfaz View Post
I recieved my SIM today. Everything is working, except when I switch to UMTS only mode, the SIM gives a "Sim not registered" massage and I'm unable to log on any German network. It wouldn't matter, but I'd like to use the card next month in Japan, where it is UMTS only. Anybody with the same problem concerning UMTS?
They may prohibit UMTS roaming in markets where GSM is available/cheaper. I've used Riiing in Japan even when UM didn't list Japan as available.

Old
  (#196)
saintsimon (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 10-08-2007, 00:02

OK, I'm back at my desk.

The support Lady talks about deactivations of many UM+ sims due to erroneous "(„insufficient balance“)" problems.

Anyway, I wonder why many of you here and in another forum did not get any response. I assume you also included the affected phone numbers and used their website contact mailing page.

Old
  (#197)
Nokia1610 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-08-2007, 00:11

My UM+ works almost perfectly on RAZR V3: the only problem is about displaying the credit expiry date. I can make and receive calls and make and receive sms.
I think things go better with brand new cards than upgrades from UM +423.

The most important news is that now there is no more any message of non-existing number if I call UM+ with the phone swirched off: now there is a strange sound...not the best, but better than before!

The customer care answered my later mail, saying they were applying to solve that problem, then advised me to use the sim menu to make outgoing calls with the 6510. What is annoying, is that I had reported that I wasn't able to make outgoing calls even with the sim menu...I wonder if they have read my mail carefully...

Old
  (#198)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-08-2007, 01:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia1610 View Post
The most important news is that now there is no more any message of non-existing number if I call UM+ with the phone swirched off: now there is a strange sound...not the best, but better than before!
I now get that on my new UM+ -- it sounds to me like a slow busy signal but with every other tone a slightly higher pitch. Still get "invalid number" on the upgraded UM+ (whether phone is on or off).

I also now can receive SMS on both. One funny thing -- when I first turned on the UM+ upgrade it said "AT&T" as the network name. The new UM+ says "Cingular." At some point the AT&T switched to Cingular and now I can receive SMS's -- probably a coincidence, but who knows

I am thankful that I didn't xfer my balance from the +423 card!

Whole bunch of SIMs, mostly dead, some still working...

Old
  (#199)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-08-2007, 01:46

As I, and others posted above, most of us experienced this same thing You will need to call them to have them re-activate the account. A quick call to their CSR tooka care of that for me while I was on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirken View Post
right, we can receive sms, if you try to send, flash message of card not activated.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#200)
saintsimon (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 10-08-2007, 02:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
I now get that on my new UM+ -- it sounds to me like a slow busy signal but with every other tone a slightly higher pitch. Still get "invalid number" on the upgraded UM+ (whether phone is on or off)....!
My my upgrade-UM+ now also has this strange two-tone signal when unavailable since it has been reactivated.