PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
123456 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Lycamobile France user experience - 13-09-2013, 16:56

A few months ago i ordered a free sim with 1 euro credit from the Lycamobile France website at www.lycamobile.fr

Although the website says 'Only avaliable to customers with a French residential address' i ordered the sim and received it after several weeks. Maybe because i added my country (like DE or UK) in front of the postal code?

Last week i acivated the sim on the website from outside of France, but with the French address where i would be staying. After that the sim was working but could not get any network here at home.

However when i got off the plane in France and switched on my phone it did work and soon i received a welcome SMS with my French Lyca number.

Since then it worked without any trouble. Calls to fixed numbers in 50+ countries worked at 1 eurocent a minute (15 eurocent connection charge).

Data worked with these settings:
APN: data.lycamobile.fr
Username: lmfr
Password: plus
Make sure that 'DATA ROAMING' is switched ON. By the way: data worked without calling customer service.

To test i used only 80Kb, but they charged 2 eurocent for that. Do they use 250Kb increments or so with the publiced rate of 9 eurocent per Mb? I didn't test the 'Unlimited data' offer, which Lycamobile have at the moment.

When i accessed 'Mon Lycamobile' (like this: 0xxxxxxxxx) it says that my 'balance expiry date' is November 2021 ....

Tags
data, france, lycamobile