PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#41)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-01-2007, 03:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
With international SIMs it's much more probable to have problems with outgoing calls, not incoming ones, due to callback issues. But Yackie is not just another "normal" international SIM. I hope that at least you weren't charged for attempted unanswered calls
This is in theory true ... but interetingly the big problems most international cards have is with datafilling. That is another network filling their switching gear with the numbers of another network. For companies like vodafone it isnt a problem, they spend a fortune on it and they are big so other networks would be foolish to ignore them. But for companies like UM .. hmmm. They are tiny, and other networks are not really botherd. They spend all day phoning other networks to datafill .. but 6 months later is not uncomon, if at all. (which is why older cards are often better) What it means is that if you go to the dominican republic for example - you will be able to phone the UK, and UKers will be able to phone you (because UM has concentrated on the main networks in their market to make sure they are datafilled) BUT ... you will not be able to phone a local number, and a local wont be able to phone you.

It happens all through Europe too. A huge pain for UM and the others. Interestingly the most reliable system for this is the Manx card. I am not sure why .. different people have different theories, would be nice to pick the brains of the fellars who set up the system. The Manx problem is the delay to receive a call, and no caller ID... but reliability seems the best out of all the international cards

Old
  (#42)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-01-2007, 04:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibku View Post
did anyone here receive the refund they promised us some 6 months ago?
not a chance.

Old
  (#43)
shyme (Offline)

Default Yackie- Is anybody still using - 01-02-2007, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Please don't write false things. You sent us 2 cards and I received mine the day before I was leaving for France. I wrote you at once since the card didn't work at all and you had to activate it. Unfortunately you answered me after 2 days, and I was already traveling in France so it was not easy to check e-mail every hour. Fortunately I had my Wind card with wap-pass so I could read your PM and the card kept on not working since there was no credit on it. After another day you refilled it and it worked for outgoing calls and SMSes, like I wrote. I could NEVER receive an incoming call, and I told you that at once, but you never wrote me back. And the issue is still not solved. So don't say that you don't have problems, since me, AndreA and other guys here on the forum ALL have problems with incoming calls. I didn't complain about the rates, which are the highest ones BTW, since I got the card for free, I just wanted to understand how the traffic details works, and it seems you still have big billing problems as well.

So by now what I can say about Yackie is:
- incoming calls don't work
- outgoing calls usually work but are expensive
- you pay also for busy calls
- customer care seems to be more interested in repeating that everything is ok, but unfortunately it isn't

I'm sorry, I've nothing agains Yackie, but unfortunately (for you and your customers) it seems your service is still not reliable at all. I hope to test this card once again in Ireland at the end of February, then I'll go to Germany and I'll test it again. But if I cannot receive any call it's really not much useful...
I had the same problem with incoming calls .I contacted the live support two times, the first time they didn't fix it, but the second time it was done.I think that if you insist a little bit as I did so that your demand is passed on to a technician, they will solved it.The negative point as you already mention is that the busy calls are charged.Also Yackie is a quit new company, but this coming year they 're going to improve their services, make a quick search on google and you might find what are the objectives of development of this company.

Old
  (#44)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-02-2007, 08:02

shyme unfortunately it's around 1 year that they say they are going to improve a lot, but the situation is still not acceptable yet. All companies are rather young and have some problems, but Yackie had many more than anyone else... I'll insist with the customer care, but it's really not a great offer anyway...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim