(#11)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-02-2006, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATHA531
Interesting article about this in the Times of London:

What a bunch of malarkey.
I'm nearly wetting myself laughing at some of that. Damage profitability - when was Vodafone last actually profitable? Several years ago.

The big lie is that all the companies are only passing on the charges of the foreign network. As we know, a prepaid SIM on Orange Poland calling the UK will be charged more than 3 times as much if it is British than if it is Polish.

When Orange UK 3 years ago introduced more than doubled charges in Eastern Europe, 51p to ?1.10, I asked ironically if about 50 networks in Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, and ten or so others had all presented Orange with proposed increases on the same day, and if so shouldn't Orange have complained this might be a cartel?

I recently had a chat with someone at O2, who complained that O2 Ireland's new roaming deal is already stealing O2 UK customers in Northern Ireland, less than 3 weeks after introduction. Good - then why don't they reply by spreading the free roaming to all Telefonica/O2 countries? Of course, they are probably taking customers in Northern Ireland and the border areas off the other UK and Irish networks as well, which can't do their profitablity much good then ...

I think the process has some problems on the way.