PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
dohouch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Angry My rant on Mobile websites in Spain and Orange - 23-09-2007, 08:33

Tried Yoigo and Orange sites to find the price of International SMS's and can nowhere find a comprehensive listing of prices. I know how much Orange charge cause unfortunately I'm paying it- 69 cents. To send a few bits of data!!??

Haven't done so but am sure I can send a post card for less. I get non-stop txt reminders of how fast my credit is dissapearing, but find the price of any thing,no. Also after filling out 6 sections of personal stuff to get the €6 credit they l,et you know that u will have it in the next 15 days.

Also looking at the Yoigo threads , I constant see the word TPH, I can not find anybody here who know what that means and have not been able to turn up any definition on the web. Love to know.

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-09-2007, 10:21

TPH is 'The Phone House'.... i.e. the chain of shops.

True... international SMS rates from Spain are just way too high. I am on Carrefour and get charged 69c as well!! Rip off! I tend to use my 02 UK contract instead where I get some free messages even when I am in Spain. For the other networks, some of the rates are listed in: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/spain.html I think Vodafone is 34c which is still too high!

SMSbug.com is a small Java client that you can download and run from your phone. (Phone needs to be Java compatible... most are... but check!) I think with practically any GPRS data tarrif SMSbug will still work out cheaper for sending your international SMS. (They only charge €0.03 to most places plus you pay for the data useage). Data useage on Yoigo is especially good value, but only if you expect to use it a lot in a day!

Last edited by petkow; 23-09-2007 at 16:31.. Reason: typo

Old
  (#3)
AdmiralAK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-09-2007, 16:01

HOLLY SMOKES!
That is expensive for international SMS!
I think the companies are gouging the consumer...imagine if emails were charged as international...no one would use the system.

Club Admiralty - website with stuff about me
Current Prepaid: None
Older Prepaid: AT&T wireless; TracFone; Telestet; Vodafone GR; Fido; SFR; T-mobile US; Tuyo, Cosmote
Postpaid: at&t

Old
  (#4)
dohouch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 23-09-2007, 23:42

@petkow- Well that clears up TPH, being getting a lot of blank expressions from Spanish people in my search for enlightenment.

Will try sms.bug , My phone is 6230i and was using similar app in Ireland called AFT (Almost free text). Don't mind paying 9cents in Ireland for normal txts, wouldn´t be a big texter but away on holidays it´s nice to text. Also today started using the 200 free web text Meteor(Irl) give per month. Bit of a problem there though as I know one of the people I´m texting is not in Ireland, and as far as I know those free web texts do not go international.

Also have been unable to turn up an APN for Orange Spain, and according to OPERAMINI site, the only Spanish companies to offer true internet are Movistar and Yoigo, and at present none of my Java apps work.
thanks

Old
  (#5)
dohouch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-09-2007, 10:15

On train to Barcelona using Meteor(IRL) prepaid, and Operamini 4. Have good working dual sim adapter at home, but always one to make life difficult I left it there. If I had it here I could run one of those Java SMS apps over my Meteor ISP. Che catzo

Last edited by dohouch; 24-09-2007 at 21:04..