PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default iPhone/AT&T $3000 International Roaming Bill serves as cruel Warning - 01-08-2007, 15:10

http://consumerist.com/consumer/stic...ing-284555.php

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#2)
AdmiralAK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-08-2007, 15:01

While I agree that prices are too much, and that at&t does not offer good data roaming for the iphone, this guys is not the brightest bulb. He is a web developer and he does not know the average size of an email or website? not even a ballpark estimate? It's like being a car mechanic and not knowing how much a quart of engine oil costs! People like that should not be practicing that profession...

Club Admiralty - website with stuff about me
Current Prepaid: None
Older Prepaid: AT&T wireless; TracFone; Telestet; Vodafone GR; Fido; SFR; T-mobile US; Tuyo, Cosmote
Postpaid: at&t

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-08-2007, 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAK View Post
While I agree that prices are too much, and that at&t does not offer good data roaming for the iphone, this guys is not the brightest bulb. He is a web developer and he does not know the average size of an email or website? not even a ballpark estimate? It's like being a car mechanic and not knowing how much a quart of engine oil costs! People like that should not be practicing that profession...
yeah, thats what i tought too when reading the article. How naive can you be to assume that a web-designer doesnt know how much 1 kbyte is? LOL

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-08-2007, 13:15

The thing is that he got ATT to eat the charges when he was thoroughly in the wrong. I don't know what to think about that.

If you are using a push email service and the foreign roaming partner rounds per transaction, he can run up a fortune in roaming charges doing very little. Also Google maps uses a ton of data because it really doesn't cache all that much. For foreign trips, take a look at Nokia's Smart2go which has free maps if you don't want direction by direction instructions that you can download to an SD card when you have a wifi connection.

Old
  (#5)
AdmiralAK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-08-2007, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
For foreign trips, take a look at Nokia's Smart2go which has free maps if you don't want direction by direction instructions that you can download to an SD card when you have a wifi connection.

Yet one more reason that I choose Nokia and SE phones (well maybe a WinMo phone here and there too ) over the 'embrace + extend' phones (i.e. blackberry, iphone, hiptop). You can easily throw in a prepaid SIM and have TomTom (or some other mapping software).

Club Admiralty - website with stuff about me
Current Prepaid: None
Older Prepaid: AT&T wireless; TracFone; Telestet; Vodafone GR; Fido; SFR; T-mobile US; Tuyo, Cosmote
Postpaid: at&t