Old
  (#11)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-08-2013, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckh View Post
Hello MBK,

I must agree with rfranzq on this aspect. Nevertheless I'm still very interested in xxsim. The main reason is 'best of both worlds'.

Great worldwide coverage and a normal US number for free, permanent.
So for 15 eurocent I'm done. Or even lower in combination with VOIP.
This is what I am thinking as well.

Quote:
2 additions to the KB on travelsim providers:

- Why not directly at travelsim? They do not offer extra numbers
Oh, right! (unfortunately I can't edit the comparison post anymore).

Quote:
- Is the US number at xxsim permanent and free. Yes, you can even get more additional number for free such as germany and united kingdom.
This is a great option, indeed!

Quote:
At all readers:

I would like to connect my international sims to Google Voice. The issue (as decribed in the thread) is however that Google Voice goes to voicemail after 25 second and building up the connection international can sometimes take long.
I am surprised you can't change this in the GV settings, but so be it.

Quote:
So I have 2 options:
- Rebuild the whole Google Voice setup myself at Anveo (which offers US numbers with SMS and can forward sms to all numbers worldwide, for 2 dollars a month) - but then with voicemail picking up after 60 seconds.
The Callcentric delay is also 60 seconds.

I have been looking at the SMS issue and have tested several providers. I haven't tested Anveo enough with SMS, but to me it seems to be the only one that might be able to do it properly. All the others I tried had issues delivering messages to certain countries.

Please report back with your findings.

Quote:
- Have a VOIP provider "pick up" the line on time, provide a notification and then try to connect to multiple international sims - and thus bypassing voicemail.
Anveo, Voip.ms and callcentric all can do this, and divert back to voicemail after everything else fails / doesn't pickup if you don't press a defined key to answer the call (i.ex: you hear :"Incoming call from number xxxxxxx, press 1 to take this call". If you don't press 1 it goes back to voicemail, or continues ringing other phones, as you wish).

The simplest and most convenient to use, while also being one of the top quality voip providers with highest reliability is callcentric (look for the "call treatments tab" which does what you want).

Callcentic offers less options and fine tuning than Anveo or Voip.ms, but I think it has the best interface as is easier to use for most users. (it doesn't handle SMS incoming though, but can send SMS alerts i.ex on new voicemail).

Summary: if GV is really limiting you at 25 seconds, and if you need incoming SMS forwarding, Anveo is your only reliable (?) and (relatively) simple option as far as I know.

Please come back to tell us how it works out.

Last edited by MBK; 14-08-2013 at 22:27..

Tags
onesimcard, travelsim