PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Callback solution with pbxes.com and voicetrading.com - 23-05-2009, 15:46

Can someone explain in details how to setup a personal callback system using a pbxes account and a voicetrading account. How do you setup the account at pbxes to use voicetrading to pay for the calls?
Any suggestons appreciated also on how in your experience this would work for callback.

Old
  (#2)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-05-2009, 08:41

Have used this combination for 2 year now.

You need a premium account for doing this.
You need a did number for inbound calls.
You need to setup a trunk for outbound calls using voicetrading.

When settingup the truk you can set the called id of you cellphone.
To do this in the username field you fill in in phone number example: 0044-7xxxxx
In the password field you fill in password:username
This way this trunk is using the caller id you set in username

Than go to inbound routing to setup callback.

Specifiy the trunk name
Caller ID number = the number you are using to trigger the caller ID
At special services set the callback number. In mu case my cellphone is set as extension so I fill in 440 but this can also be a number.

Read the following carefully. I am using a dutch cellphone to trigger the callback calling a dutch number. Whenever I do this in holland the called in on the incomming trunks shows 063xxxxx whenever I trigger the caller id outside holland it shows +3163xxx
This means I have to setup 2 inbouding routings, 1 when in holland, 1 outside holland.
PBXes pro only allows you 3 callback number/routes as maximum.

Old
  (#3)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 25-05-2009, 09:46

At moment I have simple account not a premium yet but can get one. Is the soho account enough with 1 callback number or need a premium one? So the callback works only if my mobile/network while roaming transmits caller ID?
Can I change the number to trigger the callback online if I change mobile number? Can the number triggering the callback and the number receiving the callback be different? Seems very complicated to set it online.

Last edited by mingelli; 25-05-2009 at 09:54..

Old
  (#4)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-05-2009, 10:05

for the callback you need to trigger it. In order to trigger it you phone that triggers the callback needs to have caller id.

what might also work if no caller id so when calling the did number it will always trigger the callback. anyone else calling this number will also trigger the callback so you would have to use that number only for callback and don't pass this on.

The soho that has 1 callback number should also work.

I carry 2 phones with me. I roaming free and 1 prepaid. The prepaid will trigger the callback.

Yes you can trigger a callback online using pbxes. You can also set the callbacknumber online. To prevent misuse you will need to setup callthru and pincode.
I would also advice to use a number for the trunk, example 32 than 0045xxx so instead of filling in 00 country code number add 32 before it. This way even when someone does find your online link it's more difficult to misuse it. In the outbound dial rules you can than have the 32 removed when dialing.

Below is how to setup this (is also on the pbxes forum)

go to inbound routing / addd incoming route

under trunk use your: username-callback (instead of callback you can also use another name)
click on callthru pin and set a pin number (choose carefull as an easy number can be misuded, I suggest 4 to 8 numbers)

Go to extensions:

add a new extension
set url (new feature) choose your name you want to use for pbxes.org/yourname

save and go back to the extension
change device options dial:
and replace by SIP/username-callback@pbxes.com (if you choose another name instead of callback please use that)

What this does is very simple.

You go to the webpage pbxes.org/yourname
fill in the number you want to be called back on.
pbxes will call you on the number and forward you to the extension. The extensions calls username-callback@pbxes.org and you are asked for a pin number.

type the pin number and you get the dialtone of the pbx.

This way when in a hotel having a room that has it's own tel number and webacces you can trigger a callback to that number.

You can trigger a callback to any number using the webbase url.

Visiting a friend and want to make a call, no problem just use the webbased callback and you will pay for the cost.

But please be aware that anyone who has your pin number and webadress can use the callback. Therefore use a long pin to prevent misuse.

Old
  (#5)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 25-05-2009, 13:57

I have managed to do some setting as you suggested but where do I input the details of the voicetrading account for calling?

Old
  (#6)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-05-2009, 14:33

To use voicetrading you have to setup a trunk first.

goto trunks >add sip truk

give the trunk a name
usename: fill in the number you want as called id four outgoing calls
password: password:username (dont forget the : in the middle)
sip server: sip.voicetrading.com

at the end of the page submit, then press red bar at top of the screen.

Than goto outbound routing to setup an outbound calling route.

Give the route a name
Select the trunk sequence, select the trunkname you created before, press add

Set Destination

you can leave this blank or for example select numbers starting by, fill in 86|xx
This way you have to dial 76 first than 00xxxx. The first 76 will be stripped and not passed on to voicetrading. If you leave it blank you can just dial 00 for an outside line. As I explained before adding a number helps to prevent misuse of webcallback.

You can use another number instead of 76. Please be carefull not to use the same number that you use for an extension. so if you have extensions setup as 10 11 etc dont use 10 or 11.

Old
  (#7)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-05-2009, 18:09

I have setup everything like you suggested. But where I do get a DID number to call to trigger the callback? Which number is it they provide, a Dutch number? Are you charged to call it to trigger the callback? At moment have a free accoi8nt so need to upgrade it to soho.

Old
  (#8)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-05-2009, 19:07

Messagenet Fax VoIP SMS for a free italian did voip number.
sipgate.de - Ihr kostenloser Internet-Telefonanschluss. for a german number, only 018x number available for outside germany.
Budget Phone Company your shortcut to VOIP for a dutch number cost 10 euro per year.
did.voip.les.net VoIP DID us did number
You will find more examples online for paid did / vopi numbers.

No you will not get charged. When you call the number and pbxes recognises your caller id, you will receive a busy tone, this means you will not pay anything to trigger the callback.

Old
  (#9)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-05-2009, 20:37

OK, many thanks for your suggestions. Few more questions: If I get a free DID form let us say messagenet, do I need to upgrade the pbxes account to soho for the callback? I only have free account with them for now.
Is it possible to setup the pbxes account to callback my mobile number with or without CLI as not all network pass on the CLI, actually would be better to instruct to call back any number calling my DID. If so how do I set it up in the account.

Old
  (#10)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-05-2009, 21:42

yes you need upgrade to use callback. Free account does not allow callback.

Let me check if you can use callback without cli so every call will activate it.