PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Ukap (Offline)
Official Member

Default TMobile UK Roam rates - 13-04-2009, 15:58

I am traveling in Europe and plan to use my TMobile UK PAYG account to roam.
They have a travel offer for a PAYG Travel booster. It can be bought in increments of 5, 10, 20 or 30 pounds. It gives 50% more call credit.
My question is - I plan alot of phone use and the website shows for 30pounds I get another 50% of call credit. They say I can make 160 minutes worth of calls. Shouldn't this be 120 minutes? Is this a Tmobile typo? Do Tmobile give you 40 xtra minutes for purchasing the largest booster?

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 13-04-2009, 18:13

Not even 120 but only 118!

Have a look at The legal stuff you need to know about Boosters - T-Mobile and it will give you the right figure. Boosters ? Pay as you go Boosters ? T-Mobile lists it wrong in my opinion!

Not really a great offer either. You have to use your special credit in 20 days or else you lose it and it's only for calls back to the UK or within zone. The 30pounds you spend to get 118 minutes works out at just over 25p/min outgoing!

If it really is just a short trip (up to 1 month) I would instead get a UK o2 PAYG SIM and pay 10 pounds for MyEurope Extra. Outgoing calls then cost just 25p/min (not counting the 10pounds subscription though) but the best thing is you get free incoming calls!
Check out: My Europe Extra - Calling from overseas - International - O2

Old
  (#3)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 14-04-2009, 10:14

Or, of course, depending on where you're going, buy a local SIM in each country, particularly one with cheap international calls.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#4)
Ukap (Offline)
Official Member

Default 14-04-2009, 18:10

I am too late for the O2 sim. I leave from the USA for Europe on Saturday. Is TMobile UK usually this unreliable? The per minute costs they have in their "legal stuff" are totally different to those listed in their web-site. I was also told by TMobile that I could call USA from Europe on this rate too as it in within their 6 zones. I do not know whether to trust this information.

Old
  (#5)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-04-2009, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukap View Post
Is TMobile UK usually this unreliable?
Not usually! These offers are usually hugely undersubscribed, and many people in the call centres will not even be properly trained to answer questions on them!

Old
  (#6)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-04-2009, 10:24

Where are you going to in Europe? Perhaps there may be alternatives.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#7)
Ukap (Offline)
Official Member

Default 15-04-2009, 16:38

Madeira, Spain, Italy, Gibraltar, Monaco

Old
  (#8)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-04-2009, 18:56

Looks like you are sailing!

At least for Spain you could consider picking up a local SIM on any one of numerous MVNO's with options for cheap international calls. They have all been talked about here. (e.g. Lebara, Yoigo or Happymovil). The SIMs are usually free (i.e. credit on SIM = SIM cost) Of course you can use these in Gibraltar too! In Spain there are many shops you can pick up SIM packs very easily.

Picking up a TIM card in kiosks/shops in Italy is also easy!

As for Madeira/Portugal and Monaco I will let someone more qualified answer.